Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not receiving Android phone notifications

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I just purchased a Charge 4 this week. My device does not receive phone call and app notifications from my Android phone. I have checked all the settings on the app and the device mentioned in this article. I confirm that on the device, Do Not Disturb is off, Sleep Mode is off. On the phone, Do Not Disturb is off.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi @nikdeshp, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried on your own, you've done a good job. Because you mentioned this is affecting calls and apps notifications, may I know if the messages and calendar notifications are working well? Were you able to turn on the notifications for your preferred apps in the Fitbit app? Also, has the Fitbit app been allowed to run in the background? Please make sure your Android phone meets the requirements described here and let's give a try to the following steps:

1. Remove the Charge 4 from the Bluetooth settings.
  2. Turn off other nearby Bluetooth connections.
  3. On your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
  5. Restart your tracker. Make sure the DND and Sleep Mode are still off.
  6. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 4 and set the notifications one more time.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

Hi @nikdeshp, welcome to the Community Forums.

Thanks for sharing the steps that you've tried on your own, you've done a good job. Because you mentioned this is affecting calls and apps notifications, may I know if the messages and calendar notifications are working well? Were you able to turn on the notifications for your preferred apps in the Fitbit app? Also, has the Fitbit app been allowed to run in the background? Please make sure your Android phone meets the requirements described here and let's give a try to the following steps:

3. On your phone's settings, tap Apps > Fitbit > Storage > Clear Cache.
  4. Go back one screen, tap Force Stop and reboot your phone.
  5. Restart your tracker. Make sure the DND and Sleep Mode are still off.
  6. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Charge 4 and set the notifications one more time.
Best Answer

The Fitbit app did not have access to the Phone, Calendar, and SMS apps. I just enabled these permissions. Now I receive phone call notifications on the device. I will check the others later. Thanks. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @nikdeshp, it's nice to see you here again.

I'm glad you're receiving phone call notifications on your Charge 4 and thanks for your efforts while working on this situation. Please check the settings of the other apps whenever you have time, try receiving a notification on your phone to test your tracker and keep me posted with the outcome.

See you around.

Best Answer

Hi I have tried these steps but I am still not receiving notifications is there anything elso that could work it keep telly me to restart my phone to enable notifications but I have done so many times and it's still not working 

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @Kainelson.

Thanks for taking the time to troubleshoot your tracker prior to posting. I'm sorry you're having this experience and to look into this, may I know the model of your phone? Have you also follow the suggestions described in this help article?

In the meantime, let's try reconnecting your tracker to the Fitbit app as last resort by doing the following steps:

3. Open the Fitbit app, tap your profile picture > Set Up a Device.
  4. Select your Charge 4, tap Replace Device and follow the on-screen instructions.
  5. Set up the notifications one more time and keep me posted on the outcome.
Best Answer

Hi my phone is a Huawei p30 lite I will try what you have recommended thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I tried what you said it didn't work it still says a phone restart is needed which I did and its still saying the same thing 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had to change the settings on the tracker to show Do Not Disturb is On. I realize that's strange. Also make sure that Sleep Mode is not enabled. Both those are under Settings on the tracker not in the app. 

Best Answer
0 Votes