Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not recording floor counts - does record elevation change.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My new Charge 4 does not record floor counts.  It does report the elevation changes

when I am on a walk or hike - so it seems the altimeter is working - but it does not

translate elevation change into floor counts.  Normal flights or stairs are also not

recorded.

The Charge 4 has the latest software updates.

My previous Charge 4 had no problems with this.

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

For the screen issue, please try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face. As for the floors not being registered, please know Fitbit devices that count floors have an altimeter sensor that detects when you go up in elevation.

Regards,

Rachel Gomez

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks.  Not certain what you mean by the "screen issue"?  I don't have one that I know of.

The only problem I'm seeing is that the floor count is always zero - whether I'm climbing stairs, walking, or hiking.

The altimeter is working fine.  When I examine the results of a walk or hike on the dashboard, I see the elevation

graphed out correctly.  

Hikes that with my previous Charge 4 registered as equivalent to 20 floors, read zero for floor count.

This seems like possibly a software rather than a device issue.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a replacement Charge 4 for one that had a broken band attachment.  I swapped it in for the Charge 4 exhibiting

the problem with floor counts - and it registers floors just fine.  It's now prompting me that there's an update available.

I'm wary about installing it, as I had updated the one that's now malfunctioning.  I'd be very interested if any other Charge 4

users are seeing a problem with floor count.

Best Answer
0 Votes