Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

About a week ago I noticed my Charge 3 getting dimmer. I needed to go to a dark room, closet, to read it. I have charged it fully and reset it, still nothing. Now instead of dimness, it doesn't light at all. What can I do?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject/label 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @LJT56. Welcome to the Community Forums! 

I appreciate the information you provided and for the troubleshooting steps you tried. At this time, I'd recommend performing a long restart on your Fitbit Charge 3. 

1. Connect the device to the charging cable.
2. While the device is plugged into the charging cable, press and hold the button down for
15 seconds.
3. The device turns on and shows a battery icon. Two vibrations occur: first a short
vibration, then a medium vibration.
4. The device turns off.
5. The device turns on and shows a progress bar and short vibrations occur. The progress
bar completes. Note: A total of 7 short vibrations occur.
6. Remove the device from the charging cable. The device shuts down.
7. Important: Plug the device into the charging cable again.

Long restart is different than the normal restart process. In addition, please make sure that DND or Sleep mode isn't activated since it can cause your Charge 3 screen to be Dim. For information about how to navigate your Fitbit device, please check here

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks, for your response, unfortunately it didn't work. I think my Fitbit has given up the ghost. It doesn't vibrate to remind me to move now. I have decided to retire it and get a new tracker.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for following advised troubleshooting steps @LJT56.

I understand how frustrating this could be and would recommend changing your tracker's clock face. Please follow the instructions of: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

Best Answer
0 Votes