Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not registering health metrics information

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Health Metrics has appeared as a tile on my dashboard.  It is supposed to report upon Breathing Rate ("BR"), Heart Rate Variability ("HRV") and Resting Heart Rate ("RHR").  This facility should be available to me as I have a compatible device (Charge 4), subscribe to FitBit Premium and I wear the Charge 4 to bed to track my sleep. Detailed sleep reports are available and RHR but in respect of both BR and HRV metrics it reports "No Data".

I cannot find any reference in the Charge 4 manual.  Do I need to do something to switch on this functionality?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
36 REPLIES 36

On any of those nights, where you also seeing simple sleep? If so, what excuse does the fitbit app give you? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same firmware version but mine is still missing.  Just rebooted from the device too

Never mind, found it.

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer
0 Votes

For me as well, however the past week data was not restored…. Shame we buy a product, that works and all of a sudden it stops without notice. Not a word from customer care…. Not a prime service anymore. 

Best Answer

Since others have had their health metrics restored, I suggest you check with your app store to make sure you have the latest version. If you do, then suggest restarting your phone. Hopefully your data will be there tomorrow morning. 

Best Answer

I'm also having the exact same issues

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you for thé suggestion. I confirmed; latest version. I switched off and on the phone (iPhone). And now I have a message on screen saying ‘sorry we are trying’. 
t add it back again yesterday and today the are gone again. 

Best Answer

Same i reset my watch, turned Bluetooth off and on.  I now have a message BR, HRV saying "we'll keep trying - check back in a bit" its displayed that message since yesterday 🙄🙄

Best Answer
0 Votes
Others are still having problems, but my APP is now providing full analysis. To recap, although the battery can last up to a week on a single charge, I put my Charge 4 on to charge two or three times a week. Each time, I reset it (by holding the button down until the unit switches off and then comes back on with a smiley face – about 20 seconds). It may also help (and doesn’t do any harm) to swich off Bluetooth on your phone for 20 seconds to reboot that connection.
Watch this space!
Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having same issue Charge 4 analytics not working

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sounds like the fix was a partial.  Mine has been working since Tuesday and I have an android system.  I wonder if the people who don't have data yet have iPhone systems. Both can have the same problem but the software fix is different due to the difference in the operating systems. At least they've acknowledged the issue as some people above noted the "sorry" message.  Hopefully soon.

Best Answer

Today all my graphs in the Health matrix are now populating as well as the Stress Management graph.

Tziona
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello everyone. For all of you who are new to the Fitbit community, welcome!

Thank you for the details mentioned and the troubleshooting performed. I understand how you are feeling and appreciate your feedback. I would like to confirm that our team resolved an issue that affected your health metrics data. 

If you continue experiencing any difficulties with your health metrics, please check this help article for more information: Why don't I see health metrics data? Please also confirm the following:

Hope this helps. 

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have just replaced a non-functioning Charge 3 with Charge 4.  I wear it 24/7 apart from charging.  I am not getting HRV, Skin Temperature and Sp02.  How do I get this data?

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need Premium to open Health Metrics on the app. If you have Premium make sure you have latest update of app and Charge 4 is updated too - see above. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have exactly same problem. Done everything as suggested by Fitbit but makes no difference. Fitbit recognise the issue but appear not to do anything to resolve. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Have tried your suggestion. Thank you. I'll let you know what happens. Least you've given an option more than Fitbit, perhaps you should become their Technician?? 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same issue but found a fix. Update your phone software as well as the fit bit app. Then you have to wait another 24 hours for it to show up  

I also find it is more accurate when I wear the watch part on the inside of my wrist when sleeping. 

Best Answer
0 Votes