Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 not turning on

My Charge 4 will not turn on. I was using it fine in the gym and then it switched off - I thought it was just out of battery, despite it having had c50% left at last look. 
I’ve tried charging it with the original FitBit cable and it seemed to be charging because it vibrated but it’s still not turning on. 
Is this the end of it? It’s less than 2 years old and I’ve looked after it so will be disappointed if it’s already broken! 
I’ve tried the 8-20 second hold the button down etc but it seems to be unresponsive. 
Any thoughts?

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

It seems like a lot of people been having this problem since April this year.

As far as I can see, it’s happening to the 3, 4 and 5.

My 3 also gave up.

Still works, but black screen.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Nimzshah @BigMichael. Welcome to the community forums. 

Thank you for taking the time to share the inquiry regarding your Charge 4 and for trying to fix it on your own. 

Please, sync your device one more time: with your device nearby, open the Fitbit app and tap Today.  Press and hold on the screen and pull down.

Now, please change the clock face as indicated in this help article: How do I change the clock face on my Fitbit device?

In addition, restart your device as indicated in the help article: How do I restart my Fitbit device?

Confirm that your Fitbit app is updated.

Best Answer

@ManuFitbit 

Thanks for taking the time to reply. None of these seem to help unfortunately.
When I read other people’s complaints, it seems the problem is much more located in the brightness settings, rather than any other issue.

Resetting won’t help much, as for as my technical skills go.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Seems like a bug on the devices. Annoyingly my warranty literally expired a week ago - strange coincidence that!! 

---

Thanks

I’ve tried all of those with no success. It’s seems like it’s totally dead. Doesn’t even vibrate or anything when I put on charge. 
warranty literally expired a week ago - strange coincidence! 
its a real shame because it was totally fine up till that moment and i was enjoying using it. 
This is my second fitbit and whilst Ive enjoyed using them I’m not sure I want to buy another one given the sudden death of my latest device. 

Best Answer
0 Votes