Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 piece that connects to band broke

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Now reading reviews I see many people have the same issues. My strap broke twice and then my watch strap connector broke.   I’m so disappointed as I loved the watch and tell everyone and got family onto them. It’s maybe a year and 2 months old and Becuase it’s outside of the warranty they offer 35% off a new purchase ? Why would I buy a watch again that has the same issue many are reporting.… with barely any worry from their end when it’s just going to happen again. It’s so disappointing. The best part is my sister has the exact same watch bought at the exact same Time and hers broke a month before mine and she got a new one for free!!!!!! Without any questions. Outside of warranty. How do you treat you customers differently.      I don’t recommend it at all. It will just fall apart.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject and formatting

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hi there, @Pearce22.

Thanks for the details provided, and the time taken while contacting our Support team. Let me share with you that our Support team handles every case individually and based on our Warranty Policy. However, I understand your point of view and I'm sorry for this inconvenience with your Charge 4. This isn't the type of experience that we want you to have, and please know this feedback won't go unnoticed as it'll helps us to improve our devices, services and overall Fitbit experience.

While I don't have access to your case, my best advice is to keep an open communication with them so you can receive more details about their resolution. Please click here to get connected with them via chat or phone.

Best Answer
I have contacted them and haven’t gotten any support besides 35% off a
Brand new watch, which I have zero interest in given the quality of this
Fitbit 4. And besides that it’s not their concern.

The best part is my sisters watch did the exact same thing And they sent
her a brand new one outside of warranty (which to me is funny how they can
treat customers differently) when I wasn’t even going for that but just
some help. 35% off a $250 watch of a Fitbit charge 5 now is nothing. I have
no interest in supporting your company past this, with this amount of help
and after seeing everyone else’s experiences. It’s maddening!
Best Answer

So, this happened to me too and the warranty is over.  I found this replacement band on Amazon https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B09MZLM9D4/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A108GLJ0MOKY0V&th=1.  I really hope it works because even with the discount offered to me, I can't buy another fit bit right now. 

Best Answer
Hi! Even the black chunk that actually connects the watch to the strap?
Where it would click in? That’s where mine broke
Best Answer

I, like many others here, have had my fitbit Charge 4 break beyond my ability to repair it. I have contacted customer service and a supervisor with customer service. I have owned the Charge 4 for 13 months. 35% off a new watch is not acceptable. I would like my current watch repaired or replaced as this appears to be a manufacturing defect. Who do I need to contact in order to actually get this item fixed? Customer service has been less than helpful. 

Best Answer

Hi there, @Pearce22@beaulieu321 and @SunriseRun492.

Thank you for the thorough feedback about the Charge 4. We want our Fitbit Community to be a place where users can come to share their feedback and stories in a positive and conducive manner, so please keep in mind the Community Guidelines when posting.

I'm sorry for the experience that you've had with your trackers. Every feedback shared in the forums is always appreciated as it helps us to evaluate and improve our devices, as well as our services, and make Fitbit more useful for you. I understand where you're coming from and because our Support team have access to all your personal details, my best advice is to try getting in touch with them one more time to receive more information. You can use this link to get connected with them.

Best Answer

Same has happened to mine today only noticed as watch was missing off my writ luckily it was at home i only bought mine in may last year as a replacement discounted due to several faulty charge 3s does not seem these products are made to last I am going to call customer service again tomorrow as i got cut off today half aan through a claim and emailed to ask what next but have had no reply . Will not be buying another fitbit product,  very annoying 

Best Answer

How are we suppose to share stories in a positive manner when this company treats us terribly? Could you please provide an example of how Fitbit users feedback concerning the connectors breaking has been used to improve the device or the service? Going back two years on this forum and it seems the problem and response from Fitbit has remained the same. 

Best Answer
My positive comment is that I will not be supporting Fitbit anymore.
They edit what they want you to see on this wall. And back it by pretending
it’s supposed to be a positive area, well I’m sharing my experience with
others so that they can choose their experience with Fitbit or not- this
specific charge 4!
Best Answer

I have some positive feedback now after speaking to a lovely man at customer service i am being sent a replacement which is fair and hopefully doesnt happen again , mine was still within warranty as only bought in may . 

Best Answer
0 Votes

This watch band was made so the pebble is inserted and doesn’t need to be attached. It was made to solve the problem and allows you to continue to use your Fitbit. It is not fashionable but it works. Amazon has 4 to chose from. 

Best Answer

Fitbit should make the part available. It is held on by 2 screws. It would certainly resolve the issues with the Charge 4.

Best Answer
what is the name of the wrist band?
Best Answer
0 Votes

There are 4 , but could only find 3

Saufly, Goseth, & Ninki 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge 4 clip  from the device  broke off  go back to the  connection  clasp from charge  2 the link is  the photos of the  device.  And from reading  other forums on the other devices  it is a REACURRING   SYSTEMATIC  ISSUE  the only  exception is  the versa 2  and the inspier but that is a pin connection like a normal watch  band  set up  https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10158493126570318&id=535360317 

Best Answer

I have the Fitbit Charge 4 and have replaced the band multiple times.  But then last night one part of the band came off but it looked different. The port (end of the Fitbit that connects to the band) broke too.  I’ve never had that happen.  So disappointed ☹️.  It’s not like I can replace that piece.  Has anyone else had this problem?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Catmosie0, Unfortunately this is one of many defects with the Charge 4. You are correct in that it cannot be repaired. 
What I have done is buy a third party band from Amazon where the pebble sits into the center of the band and is very secure. Some of the brand names are Forrest, Supcase, Goeseth, Saufly, & Ninki.  They are very reasonably priced and a great fix.
I hope this helps!

Crazygamer53_0-1671992855447.jpeg

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks for suggestion! I moved on long ago to an “A” product and I’ll never go back.
Best Answer
0 Votes

i did this with mine then the pebble stopped working completely i got a replacement in may which i went swimming in in oct and that stopped working too to be told ot wasnt covered as out of warranty !! WTH obviously faulty a fitness tracker that you cant swim in when it tracks swimming hahah i have decided to forget fitbit as since i started using them 3 yrs ago ive had about 3 replacement charge 3s and 2 replacement charge 4s obviously theyre product is not fit for purpose 

Best Answer