Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 piece that connects to wristband broke

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

This is my second Charge 4, the first one was replaced as the strap broke. It then turned out that part of the Pebble had broken. I think that it has happened again- I have reported the strap broken but there appears to be a clip missing on the pebble- should there be a clip either side?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

This is the second time this has happened to me in less than a year! They replaced the fitbit the first time since the band couldn't be repaired as it broke where the band connects to the watch face. I have read comments from many others in the same boat as me.... all Fitbit offers is a 30% discount to buy a new Fitbit! Not sure how that's helpful when there is clearly a flaw in their design... they need to make something more durable. I for one will no longer be purchasing any more Fitbits.... 3 was my limit!

Best Answer

Thank you for your reply. I am waiting to see the response. There clearly seems to be a problem with the straps and the connectors on the pebble itself.

Best Answer

@sahsi and @SunsetRunner Welcome to the forums.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience you've had with the Charge 4, and thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. Our team constantly works on our devices to improve their design and performance, and the input we receive from the Community is a big part of the process. Your comments are truly appreciated and they won't go unnoticed.

I went ahead to review your details and it seems you already have a case created with our Support team. I'm sure they'll continue helping, so please follow up with your email case should you have any further questions about their resolution.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yup, that’s exactly what they did after requesting photos and details.  To add insult to injury, they offered 30% discount towards a new one! The audacity!! I don’t want a new fit bit, I just want them to fix the one that broke (face palm). They clearly don’t understand the importance of good customer service and have lost and will continue to lose customers in the process.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there, @SunsetRunner.

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. I understand where you're coming from and I'm sorry you've gone through this experience with your Charge 4. Every feedback shared in the forums helps us to evaluate and improve our devices, and yours won't be the exception. Because you have a case already created with our Support team, my best advice is to keep the communication with them to receive more details about their resolution.

See you around.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My bracelet Just broke like you describe. So I should contact the support team and hope that they Will do something ? I'm so sad, I loved it so much!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yay! I'm joining the worldwide club of good people with busted Charge 4 bands! No shortage of forums and threads on this topic. I'm willing to give my CC# right now if I could just but the microscopic springs and whatever other clippy/ tabby things I need to wear it!

Best Answer

Hi there, @Sekoyah@Alexevp Welcome on board.

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about the Charge 4, I'm sorry you've had this inconvenience. Our team strives to improve our devices, services and overall Fitbit experience, and the input we receive from our members is a big part of the process. Your feedback is truly appreciated and please know it won't be taken for granted.

If you haven't done so, let me recommend getting in touch with our Support team. I'm sure they'll look into your details and see what can be done to bring you back on track. They're available via chat and phone, just click here to get connected with them.

See you around.

Best Answer

Thanks, but I’ve conversed with your support team and there’s nothing they can do as outlined in my previous note.  A 30% discount isn’t useful.  
I am thankful for the support from this group and went with the suggestion from another Fitbit user… I used gorilla glue and glued the strap back on. Not a perfect solution, but at least it allows me to use my Fitbit. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I would recommend contacting them. If you purchased it less than a year ago, they will send you a replacement Fitbit. Fingers crossed that it doesn’t happen a second time like it did with me. Good luck. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I feel naked without my watch but I'm happy : they are sending me a new one (only the piece that's broken). Yeah, but I'm afraid. I really hope I won't have any other problems like you @SunsetRunner.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sweet. That’s nice. There was no talk with me about replacement parts…parts that I’m willing to purchase!

Moderator Edit: Personal info removed

Best Answer
0 Votes