Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 screen is too dim

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have a Fitbit charge 4.  I do have my brightness set to NORMAL but the screen is still dim.  I have restarted the Fitbit but still the same.  Seems like the screen is going.  when I set the screen to auto I can barely see the screen so I know I have it on the brightest setting which isn’t bright. 
Any suggestion?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
8 REPLIES 8

Hi there, @Psu92. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. 

To better assist you, please make sure you've restarted your Fitbit device as suggested here How do I restart my Fitbit device?. If the restart doesn't work try to change your clock face. If this fixes the issue, you can change your clock face back to the original clock face.

If the above doesn't work, 
please check if your Charge 4 is in sleep mode. When the sleep mode setting is on:

• Notifications, goal celebrations, and reminders to move are muted.
  • The screen's brightness is set to dim.
  • The Always-On Display clock face is turned off.
  • The screen stays dark when you turn your wrist.
  • The sleep mode icon illuminates in the quick settings.

To turn off Sleep Mode, please swipe left to access the quick settings screen. Tap a setting to turn it on or off. When you turn off the setting, the icon appears dim with a line through it. For more information, see How do I navigate my Fitbit device?

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi the device has been restated.  Screen brightness is set to normal. Sleep mode is off.  
I changed the screen to a bigger time it helps but is dim.  Not sure there a fix and likely the fit bit is old.  How do you turn off notifications?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Nice to see you around the community @Psu92.

Thanks for sharing with us the inconvenience about your Charge 4. I'm not sure if you still need help to turn off notifications:

To turn off certain notifications:

1. From the Today tab in the Fitbit app on your phone, tap your profile
picture > Charge 4 tile > Notifications.
2. Turn off the notifications you no longer want to receive on your tracker.
3. Sync your tracker to save your changes.

To turn off all notifications:

Press and hold the button on your tracker and swipe left to reach the quick settings screen.

Tap DND to turn on do not disturb. The DND icon dims to indicate that all notifications, including goal celebrations and reminders to move, are turned off.

Note that if you use the do not disturb setting on your phone, you don't receive notifications on your tracker until you turn off this setting.

Best Answer
0 Votes

You need a new one.

Best Answer

I am having the same problem, but my screen is so dim that I cannot see it well enough to do any of these steps. I can see that it's "on," but I can't make anything out, even in complete darkness. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Lots of people are suddenly having the same issue, I contacted support who offered 35% off a new one but if so many people are affected at once couldn't they do a software update to fix it?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the info. Seems like the charge 5 has gotten bad reviews. It’s the only Fitbit I like.  I will have to look around. Thanks again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I only use the Fitbit at night, but I have also noticed recently that it is unreadable during the day. It seems to be much worse than when I first bought it.

Best Answer