Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 step count keeps stopping and does not catch up

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My Fitbit Charge 4 step count keeps stopping and does not catch up. I had this problem and thought it was just the watch so replaced it but having the same problem.

Did not seem to have this problem with the Fitbit Charge 3... could the GPS tracker be the problem? Does the watch work with the GPS turned off?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

Hi, @JAP50, welcome to the community, you may find this article How does my Fitbit device calculate my daily activity? of interest. There is a section on how various activities are tracked. How accurate are Fitbit devices? discusses accuracy and provides advice. I hope this is helpful but if you have further questions please post here again.

Cheers

Gr4ndp4 | UK
AWAKE! for morning in the bowl of light has cast the stone that set the stars to flight.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Community, @JAP50 and @Gr4ndp4, thanks for the input.

I was able to see here that our friend @Gr4ndp4 provided some instructions in order to fix this steps issue. Was this the answer you were looking for? If it was, I recommend marking the answer given as the best answer. By doing this, other users with the same inquiry will be able to find a faster response.

Now, if your inquiry/issue wasn’t resolved, let me know and I will be glad to help you out.

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

Unfortunately these articles do not help. I have had Charge 2 & 3 Fitbits and have not had this problem before.

The step count stops and never catches up. It freezes and I can keep walking and nothing changes. I can sit still for 30 min after this and still no catch up. When it starts again it just starts from the frozen number. 

I thought this was just a watch issue and returned my first Charge 4 but have the same issue with this watch.

I read somewhere that Charge 4 has problems reading steps inside the house??

This is quite a worry for me as I have a health condition and it is important that I do not overdo my activity and stick to a strict program.

Best Answer

Mines frozen again today for the second time, I’d only had the charge 4 about a week when it froze the first time. I’ve been out walking with mine both times when it’s frozen. Reboot / reset didn’t work either so I had to online chat the first time to get mine working. Def won’t buy another Fitbit, they’ve gone downhill since charge 2

Best Answer

I have also been having this problem for weeks with my Charge 4. I've tried a hard reset, I've tried disconnecting and reconnecting my device, hard quitting the app, restarting my phone, all of the above - still having this problem. I've been in the midst of hard workouts and suddenly it stops tracking steps. Very frustrating, I've been considering switching to a... "Pear" Watch ever since this started happening.

Best Answer
0 Votes