Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 stopped working altogether

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

A few weeks ago, the screen of my Charge 4 started to go darker and darker until it was just not showing anything anymore. It was still recording data and responding to touch while this was happening. Now it has stopped tracking any data besides my calories, nothing for sleep, steps, or floors. I contacted the support which made me disconnect and restart the tracker, but that didn't help.

The tracker is basically dead now besides still vibrating when the button is pressed or when it is getting charged.
Does anyone have an idea what to do here? I am not in the warranty time anymore, so I can't get a new one or a repair.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi there, @Ninjohannes. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. 

I've confirmed that you contacted our Support Team before posting here and they've already assisted you. If you still need help or have any questions/concerns regarding the outcome of your case, please feel free to contact our team back for further assistance. Since you have reported this matter to our Support Team, please note there's nothing left we here in the community can suggest other than reaching out to our team again

For more information about our warranty, see fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty or please feel free to contact our team back so they can clarify any doubt. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Well, I thought that there might be members in the community who have run into similar issues and that have found a way to fix them.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Me too. My charge 4 is only 2 years old. So I wasted $50 a year for this bad quality watch. The precious Fitbit I had lasted much much longer.  😩 ughhhhhhh 

Best Answer

Mine has been dimming over the past couple of weeks and is now completely black too, looks like a lot of people are having the issue at the same time, could it be a software issue?

Best Answer

I mean, that could be the problem but I feel like in that case the watch would've died much faster, but I'm no IT expert.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I checked back on some older posts and it seems to have happened with previous software updates unfortunately. 

Best Answer
0 Votes