Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won’t charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I’ve had my charge 4 less than 18 months and it won’t charge. It’s been almost a week now and there is no help on forums to rectify the problem, I’ve purchased the newer charge 5 but I prefer charge 4 imo. Can anyone offer any help. Or is there a repair service, rather than discard in this throw away society. 

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

I have the same problem. The charge 4 wasn’t used for about 4 months due to a broken strap and I tried charging it again, the battery runs out within a few hours !

Best Answer

Sorry no solution but just to say i have the same problem and wonder if it may be the charge cable. Had a Charge 2 for years and no problems but this charge 4 is nothing but trouble from day one- it may have more features but its inferior to my charge 2 in performance.

Best Answer
Thanks for your response. I reverted to my charge 2, when the strap on the charge 4 broke and I bought a new strap ; only to find it wasn’t charging properly. A bit sad but what options do we have once the warranty has expired.
I’m now back to my charge 2 but the strap on that also needs replacing! Such is life 😅

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

My Charge 4 is now unusable after just 14 months. It doesn't respond to taps or pressing the side button. When connected to the charger it briefly shows the smiley face and then goes black. It does sync with the app but there is no display at all on the Charge 4.

I've followed various suggestions found on this forum and on Youtube:

- I've held in the side button for 10+ seconds while it's connected to the charger to restart it (tried this 10+ times)

- I've tried changing the clock display

- I've force-quit the app

- I've turned bluetooth on and off on my phone

What else can I do?

Best Answer
Exactly, I’ve done the same. I’m so disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there! Welcome to the Fitbit Community. I'm sorry to hear that your Charge 4 is not charging and thank you for mentioning the steps you have followed in order to correct this situation. 

Please follow these steps in order to charge your Charge 4 again:

• Clean the charging contacts on the back of your device and the pins on your charging cable using the instructions in How do I clean my Fitbit device?
  • Try a different USB port or a UL-certified wall charger.
  • Make sure you use the charging cable that came with your device, as most cables aren't compatible with other devices.

Check the alignment and try reconnecting your device to the charging cable. For more information, see How do I charge my Fitbit device?

• Restart your device. For more information, see How do I restart my Fitbit device?
Best Answer
0 Votes