Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't charge

My charge 4 suddenly stopped working. It is fully charged but it is completely dead. I tried a forced reset but that didn't work & nothing happened.  Any other ideas? Thanks.

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi, @MelB111 , I fear that your Charge 4 may have come to the end of its useable life.  In my experience the first thing that goes is the display screen (usually it significantly fades first).  Have you checked to see whether even though you can’t see anything on the screen whether it is still counting steps and functioning otherwise, or is it really completely dead (I ask because the only way you can see that it is fully charged if it is still syncing to your account…)

I have a Charge 2 which is still going strong, but I can now barely see my Charge 4.  I think the more advanced features of the later models do take their toll on other aspects - or maybe the screens just aren’t as good as they used to be….

If your Charge 4 is still actually working but the screen is no longer visible, you *may* be able to adjust the screen settings by going into a *very* dark room and making sure that the screen is not set to dim via the settings app.

I

Sense, Charge 5, Inspire 2; iOS and Android

Best Answer
0 Votes

Ok thank you. I think it is completely dead.  It shows that it has a full battery on the app but it won't sync at all or count steps.  Thank you for your input! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

How old is your charge 4? Mine's about 2,5 years and I cannot trust the battery status anymore. It crashes and then I think the battery is dead, but when I connect the charger the status is 66%.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine does the same thing. Sad that you gave to buy a new one every two years. 

Best Answer
0 Votes