Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4 won't sync

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

HI,  

I have tried all the instructions to sync my Charge 4 several times and it still doesn't work. It times out when trying to pair.  The app was last updated 13th May.  

Is this related to the app update?

What do I need to do now?

Moderator Edit: Clarified subject

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I had the same problem and the only solution was to clear user data in the Fitbit charge settings

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
17 REPLIES 17

Hi there, @Fiona15. Welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums. Thanks for trying to troubleshoot the issue with your Charge 4 before reaching out. 

In addition to the steps you've done, please try the following in the order listed:

• Unpair your Charge 4 from your phone's Bluetooth and Fitbit app.
  • Unpair other Bluetooth devices that you may also have paired to your phone's Bluetooth settings.
  • Force quit the Fitbit app.
  • Turn off other Bluetooth connections when not in use. This can help to prevent connectivity issues or Bluetooth interference.
  • Shut off your phone and turn it on after 1-2 minutes.
  • Turn on the Bluetooth on your phone.
  • Plug it into the charging cable and open the Fitbit app.
  • Set up your Charge 4.
  • If there is no connection, restart your Charge 4.
  • Once your Charge 4 is paired and syncing, please proceed to set up your other Bluetooth devices to your phone again. 

With the steps above, what I want you to do is to pair your Charge 4 first to your phone's Bluetooth settings before any other Bluetooth device is connected to your phone. 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sorry, still doesn't work.  Gets as far at putting the pairing code in and phone says "sorry the setup is taking longer than usual ....."  and it times out.  What am I supposed to do now?

And there is nothing else paired to the phone!

Best Answer
0 Votes

we have the same problem, i have followed the instructions above and it still wont connect.  it says on the phone download the fitbit app to connect, but thats what we are doing....its just goes round in circles!

Best Answer

Sitting with the exact same problem. Done all the steps and still not syncing. 

Not getting past the 4 digits I've entered.

Best Answer

Glad it isn't just me!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello, I'm having the same issue!  I got a new phone on Friday and have tried all suggestions to get my fitbit to connect to the app.  I can enter the 4 digit code but then I just get the "sorry..." message in the app and my Charge 4 says "Update app".  I've reinstalled the app, restarted my fitbit and turned bluetooth on/off in the order suggested but it still doesn't connect.  Please help!

Best Answer

hi @MarreFitbit 

As you can see from my and other replies, this doesn't work for us - can you let us know what we can do?

Thanks Fiona

Best Answer

Same problem with mine. I had this issue once before after an update to the app. Went through all the same steps and it fixed it, but now none of them are fixing it. Honestly, this problem has been going on for a long time. There are forums dating back several years with the same problem. I’ll be leaving FitBit because of this. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem and the only solution was to clear user data in the Fitbit charge settings

Best Answer

Hi Alvin1,

How do I do that?  I saw on another post that I should swipe left but I have tried that and I can't swipe left.

Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi,

I've worked out how to do it and it worked - thank you.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please advise what you did so all of us batteling can solve the issue please.

--------

Also worked for me now. Go on your watch settings and delete user data. 

Try the setup again. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi, 

I deleted the user settings on my fitbit - I lost the data that was there but it is now finally working 👍

Best Answer

Another week sitting with the same problem of not syncing again. This is soooo frustrating.

Best Answer
0 Votes

3 weeks total without it working for me.  I've contacted Fitbit support and they walked me through the same steps as outlined in the post and then told me my Fitbit was deffective and I had to buy a new one.  I feel this is unfair considering my Fitbit worked fine until I changed to a newer phone. I believe it's their app that l's the problem but they're unwilling to investigate further.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I also believe that it is something on their end; I've had this issue since February and have essentially just been using my fitbit as a glorified watch.

I went through all the suggested troubleshooting steps several times and couldn't get the fitbit to connect to my Galaxy S21 phone. A couple of months ago, I upgraded to a Galaxy S23....my fitbit still doesn't connect.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Try deleting the user settings on the watch - it worked for me, although I did lose the data but it's not a big loss for me!!

Best Answer
0 Votes