Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 4

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Charge 4 screen appears to be on during charging and shows battery as being full but when placed on wrist screen stays black!! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hello @Kralis3 

I’d try restarting the charge 4. Just leave the Charge 4 on its charger then press and hold the button on your Charge 4 until you see a smile icon and the Charge 4 vibrates indicating the tracker has restarted. If the issue continues I’d try changing the clock face through the Fitbit App to see if that might resolve the problem: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2311.htm

😃 Hopefully this answers your question and provides you with a resolution. Please let me know how it goes 

Best Answer
0 Votes

My 3 month old replacement fitbit (warranty replacement because the clasp broke) and now it's doing the same thing.  I tried all the suggestions on resetting it, etc. and it would work for a bit then back to black screen.  My green light still flashes and I can sync it to my phone but it's really useless otherwise.  I contacted support and they told me that 'it is out of the scope of my warranty (my original fitbit was purchased in March of 2021) and all they would do for me is offer me 35% on a new one.  I call bull**ahem**!!  This is a 3 month old fitbit!  Anyway, fitbit had an update, today, and it started working for a while.  I thought, aha, they realized there was a problem and fixed it with an update. Nope, it is now back to black screen.  I will NEVER buy a fitbit again (this is my forth!) and I will be leaving negative reviews wherever I can!  I hope that you will have better success than I have.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your response. I did try your suggestion and it worked for
20 seconds. I made the change to the clock face, put it on my wrist, viewed
it and then the screen turned black and won't come back on while on my
wrist. It does turn on once it's connected to the charger so I know it's
got power. I appreciate the feedback but I think I have a dud!!!! Is there
a place to send it to that may be able to look at it and access further? If
not, I'm going to have to throw it away. Family members are pressuring me
to get the Apple watch but I was being loyal to what I loved??
Best Answer
0 Votes

So I ended up deleting my Charge 4 off the app and low and behold it is now turning on, screen and all. I haven't set it back up on my app as I put my old charge 4 back on the app and it's working (knock on wood). I think there may be a software or app problem? Maybe try deleting your charge 4 off the app or even the app itself and then reloading it and setting up the Charge 4, again. Can't hurt since your Charge 4 isn't responding and it might work. Let me know what you decide to do. Support is no help, just saying!

Best Answer
0 Votes