Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR Not Holding a Charge/Not Turning On

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello Everyone, I have had the HR in the box for about a year now new. I took it out this week to use it and the battery wont stay charged. I cant even sync it to the computer. Charged it completely but it only last for a minute. Any help !!

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
11 REPLIES 11

Hi JustTryToWork....same here! I am really upset because the one I have here is an XL (which was hard to find) brand new still in the box. I really want my father who is 76 to start using it to get motivated to move more. We all (friends & family) have the fitbit HR and love it. We keep in touch and compete weekly with one another. I had searched and searched for an XL because my father is a big guy and finally found one. It's brand new, still in the box... and it won't hold a charge longer than about 30 minutes (if that). It almost instantly goes dead. I'm really pretty mad with this fitbit. It should not be dead, even if it's an older model, it's been in the box! All of our fitbits are like 2 years old and they still work fine... we may have to charge them every 2 or 3 days now because they are getting old, but they still work fine. Having to charge them sooner than we did when they were new is no big deal.... what is a big deal is this new XL one not holding a charge.

I'm hoping fitbit can help us.

Very frustrated!

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer
0 Votes

@bmxmike @JustTryToWork Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with your Charge HR not holding a charge or not turning on. Thanks for sharing all of those details about this. 

In this case, I'd recommend performing a restart on your Charge HR. This has helped other users in the past who have experience similar situations. 

Try that out and let me know how it goes! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I tried that a couple times and it still won’t work, unfortunately.
Thank you

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried this too... unfortunately I don't get more than 1 day of a charge before it goes dead.

I can't send my father a fitbit that doesn't stay charged longer than a day, there is no way he will stay interested in using it and will give up.

Sadly, a new out of box fitbit should last at least 4-5 days without having to recharge.

Disappointed. 😞

Best Answer

@bmxmike @JustTryToWork Thanks for your replies and for trying those steps and sharing those details regarding this.

I went ahead and contacted customer support in your behalf for you to get further assistance on this. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you Santi. Much appreciated. 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes

My charge HR has the problem that it win’t Keep it’s charge for more than the day . My phone app says it’s charged but the watch is dead

Best Answer

It´s nice to see you back @bmxmike! I apologize for the delayed response and please let us know how it went with support.

Welcome to the forums @Lesleymac1! I'll be glad to assist you with your battery inquiry.

Have you followed advise tips from help article Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? How often do you sync your device?

I'll be waiting for your response. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

Yes we tried all the options to get the battery to extend however they have acknowledged this one of the issues with Charge HR.
Fitbit have offered a discount to purchase a new one, although as there is an offer on at the moment, it means the discount offers no compensation. They have suggested that I could use it against another purchase during the next 30 days. I have explained that I don’t have the need for 2 Fitbits at the same time.

Lesley

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hi Andrea,

Honestly, it feels like I have wasted lots of time and energy. All that's happened is that I have been frustrated. The person I bought this brand new Fitbit  from for my father received it as a gift. So customer service wouldn't help me. Even though I sent them the receipt for my payment. Then they told me another reason that they couldn't help/replace it. Now I'm done!

It was brand new sealed in the box. That's why I bought it in the first place, figuring the battery would last a long time.

They told me because it wasn't an authorized seller, they couldn't replace it.

And I told them I'll just make sure I buy an apple watch, garmin or the samsung gear from now on.

I have lots of friends and family members using fitbits... but maybe not for long.

As great as you guys are in the forums, I didn't appreciate my time being 100% wasted by the actual customer support.

Thank you for asking Andrea, I appreciate it.

Moderator Edit: Format

Best Answer

@bmxmike @Lesleymac1 Thanks for your replies and for sharing all of those details regarding the experience you have had with Charge HR and customer support. Thanks for contacting the support team in order to sort this out.

It's unfortunate to read that the experience you had was not the best one. I do appreciate your efforts in trying to get this sorted. I hope to see you back on track with Fitbit anytime soon.

Also, take a look at the Discussions Board as you will find a lot of interesting things there. Feel free to post on any thread you want.

See you around! 

Best Answer