Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not charging but showing full battery bar

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The wrist band on my fitbit charge HR broke.  So I set it aside for a couple months.  Surely the battery ran out.  When I tried to recharge the battery earlier this week, the charge indicator shows that the battery is full and won't charge the device.  I've tried to let it charge anyway.  But s soon as I unplugged it, the device went dead.

My dad's charge HR has a similar issue.  But instead of not charging, it charges to full, on indicator anyway, and the battery will be dead within a day.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Hello @momyyao

You may have a fault in your Fitbit that can't be repaired. 

Yoir Dads Fitbit sounds like his battery has been exausted, this does happen as the battery ages. 

Try this and we if it helps:

Restart your FitBit
http://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/1186

Restart your Fitbit Charge
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=JPvdDoWGckM

Community Council Member

ALAN | VAN,B.C. Canada Community Council Member

Versa, Charge, Charge HR, Ionic, Ace, Aria 2 scale, Flyer headphones - iOS

Click here Fitbit help for more solutions

>Contact
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there @momyyao, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm, sorry to hear you're having problems with your tracker not charging properly. Thanks for what you've tried so far.

As @ACG suggests, try restarting it and if this doesn't help, let me know so that I can escalate your case to our Support Team for them to take a deeper look.

Now, about your father's issue, please, have him either post the issue he's going through here in the Forums or to get in touch with our Support Team by clicking here.

Anything else you may need, I'm here to help!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Ferdin,

I've already tried restarting the tracker and it didn't fix the issue.  Same for my father's tracker.

As for my father, he lives overseas and doesn't speak English.  I purchased the tracker in the states as a gift for him and I have it with me now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My dad only used it for about a year when the battery issue came up.  Restart was the first thing I asked him to try when we talked through video call.

But he did use it excessively, about 20000 steps a day.  So if the battery is not good.  Can I change the battery?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi

i have not been able to switch on the Fitbit. The vibration has absolutely not worked. I had kept it inside a few months and took out the charger and tried charging, it showed battery full. But when I plugged out it drained in less than 10 seconds.

can I have this repaired? I live in chennai.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same issue with my newly bought charge HR it shows full battery when I try to switch it in but not starting on

Best Answer