Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not syncing, battery draining and problem with bands

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The strap on my Fitbit is about to snap and constantly refuses to sync with my iPad or iPhone and loses it charge very quickly.  Does anybody else have similar experiences.

Moderator edit: Updated title for clarity

Best Answer
9 REPLIES 9

Hi there @Theresab4961, welcome to the Fitbit Community Forums! 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you're having problems with the strap and with your Charge HR not syncing to your iPhone or iPad. I'd like to help you out.

When it comes to the battery draining fast, I can recommend putting your tracker to charge and once it's fully charged, take it off the charger and put it on. Sync it and use it as you would normally do. Make sure to sync it frequently after this (every one or two hours at least) so that the battery levels are recorded on the app logs and once the battery dies, let me know so that I can take a closer look and then we can move forward with other options to get you back on track.

Now about the problems you're experiencing with your tracker not syncing, I'd like to provide some suggestions in the case you've not tried them.

-Give your Charge HR a restart. For this, plug the charging cable to any USB port or UL-certified USB wall charger and plug the other end to your Charge HR. Press and hold the button for 10-12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and the version number and release the button.

-Make sure you're on the latest version of the Fitbit app and the latest version on the OS of your compatible mobile device.

-If you're still having problems, you can try to remove your tracker from the Bluetooth devices. For this, go to the Bluetooth settings on your phone. On your connected devices, look for your tracker. Tap on it, then choose the option that says "Forget this device". Then, proceed to set up your tracker as a new device.

-For this, go to the Account section at the top right corner on the Fitbit app and select the option that says "Set up a new device". Follow the on-screen instructions and once you're done, your tracker should be syncing without a problem.

Hope that this helps and if you need more help, feel free to let me know!

Ferdin | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Help others by giving votes and marking helpful solutions as Accepted

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi Ferdinand
I have tried all these things but it still isn't syncing. Is there anything you can do your end?
Many Thanks
Theresa

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue now with the battery draining extremely quickly.  I have charged it several times and put it on right after that and it has all day sync running.  How should I proceed with the logs so we can diagnose the problem?

Best Answer

Hi Ferdinand

Nothing seemed to work and now this flatline symbol has come up.  How can I send you the photo?

Regards

Theresa

Can anybody help still no progress on my Fitbit all I’ve got is a line across the middle of the display half lit up and half black

AC797D8D-69B0-474F-91F5-578BABCF9B78.jpeg

Moderator Edition: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am not having any problems with the Charge HR not syncing. But just recently, I am seeing the problem where the battery drains from fully charged to no charge in about an hour. My strap is fine. My Charge HR is about 14 months old.

My experience appears to becoming more similar to yours. After recharging my FitBit to 100%, I find it will not sync. Everything else looks fine, but the charge is unlikely to last more than an hour and now it won't sync. Very similar behavior to my first Charge HR that only lasted 8 months.

Moderator Edition: format

Best Answer
0 Votes

I find that the fitbit Charge HR...  I am on my 3rd for 4th one now. This one keeps draining battery. Today I either have a blank screen or a the **ahem** exlamation point. Yet my app says it is synced. Go figure. I have tried the reset, I have plugged it in, I have cleaned the connections and nothing. I'm not going to remove it, because it won't turn on. Customer service sucks for the fitbits.  I'm replacing it with Samsung!!! 

Moderator Edition: choice of words

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’m beginning to see what you mean now it’s over a week after initial contact from Fitbit expert  now but no help forthcoming after a number of messages???

Best Answer
0 Votes

There are constantly problems with Fitbit Charge HR. My daughter had to replace hers and it was "out of warranty" and after buying the newer version, had to replace the band within the first few months.  Like I said, I'm on my third (or fourth?) one and it is always something going wrong.  For $150 or more, you'd think they would last longer than a year, if that.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Theresab4961 ! Thanks for coming back and for doing everything suggested on @FerdinandFitbit's post. I'm sorry for the delay on this response. I appreciate also the image that you attached. Please note that the bar that you are seeing on the display is the firmware update progress bar, this is the reason why you have syncing issues and battery draining. I will advice to follow this steps to update the Charge HR, if this doesn't help unpair your Fitbit, and set it up again, the update will be done automatically. As for the band issue, I have created a case for you on our support department, they will be in contact shortly, please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Hello @jt_stl Sorry to hear that you are experiencing the same thing with your Charge HR, please follow the same steps and let me know how it goes. 

Welcome to the Fitbit Community forums @phatneff ! Thanks for sharing the inconvenience that you have with your battery drainning, I appreciate the détails provided. I will recommend to follow the steps on the article: Why isn't my battery charging on my Fitbit device? to assure the battery is charging properly. Also please check the following article: Can I improve my Fitbit device's battery life? and turn off the all day sync option, this drains the battery faster. You can also do the battery test, after charging it for two hours at least, sync every day about five times without recharging it, until the battery drains completely and let me know.  

@SunsetRunner thanks for your feedback, I'm sorry to hear that you are having battery draining issues as well, I appreciate all the details provided. Please try also the steps bellow and let me know. As for your daughter's Fitbit, I will advice to contact customer support again if you have doubts on the resolution provided, please note that all the agents work based on the warranty policies

Please let me know if you need anything else, I will be around. Woman Happy

Best Answer
0 Votes