Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR not syncing, vastly overcounting floors climbed

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Have emailed customer service multiple times and get the same responses to go through the same troubleshooting steps every time.  

The floor counting -- on a typical day I climb 5 to 10 flights of stairs.  On a particularly busy day, I might get to 20.  It thinks I climbed 169 floors yesterday.  I would be in the ER or dead if I climbed that many steps in one day.  It regularly comes up with crazy numbers like this.  I no longer even look at the floors climbed as I know it is completely unreliable, and that was something I always looked at with my prior Fitbit One(which worked perfectly until I left it clipped to my pants and it took a trip through the washing machine).

After more hours than I want to count spent troubleshooting, Charge HR still won't sync reliably. Every so often after spending hours going through all the steps repeatedly, suddenly it will sync.  Usually when I have given up and walked away.  Then it won't sync again for days and days.  Have done all the troubleshooting steps. Multiple times. Over and over. Customer service offers me the same troubleshooting steps.  Charge HR is crap. Have had 3 other Fitbits(Ultra and One) and one other brand of tracker and all synced reliably, but this one is nothing but trouble and I've spent far too many hours wasted troubleshooting over and over.  It did finally sync last night, but having been through this before, I know it won't last. 
 My husband watches me as I try yet again to sync my Fitbit and then reminds me again how perfectly his Garmin tracker syncs.  I'm done with the HR and done with Fitbit unless you can offer a real solution. Do not ask me to troubleshoot again. I'm done.

I have loved prior Fitbits.  I recruited friends to the Fitbit world.  But having read the many, many other complaints from other users about the same syncing problem on the Charge HR, it is clear that the problem is in the design, and that a replacement likely wouldn't fix the problem. 

It is not my responsibility to continue to spend hours of time trying to fix your faulty product. It is your responsibility to sell a product that actually works.  Other Fitbit models I have had in the past worked.  Husband's Garmin works.  Charge HR doesn't.  I need a different model or I need to switch to a different brand, because I will NOT continue to try to make a faulty product work.

Best Answer
3 REPLIES 3
I have also same wrong floors climbing problem . It displays wrong data that I have climbed 100 + floors
Best Answer
0 Votes
As I walk on flat ground, it added 9 flight of stairs
Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing.  I walked 35 minutes on the treadmill with no incline and it gave me 14 floors.  

Best Answer
0 Votes