Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR stuck on update screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

After I hold the button down, the green light flashes and my screen goes black. When it comes back on, it’s STILL the update bar. It’s been stuck on half for 2 whole days now. 

I’be looked under the “why can’t my Fitbit update?” post and it hasn’t helped at all. I can’t even restart my Fitbit. 

Seriously upset that I haven’t been able to see my stats. 

Help!

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

this fixed it for me

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Charge-HR-Firmware-Release-Version-18-128/m-p/2253169#M188...

uninstall / re-install app
"forget device" on bluetooth 

fixed it for me , good luck

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
23 REPLIES 23

Same here I have tried to remove and reset but still all I get on the Fitbit screen is a half done update line. Not happy

Best Answer

Same here, 
Stuck in update mode since Friday, tried the restart  even reset, seems bricked to me

Best Answer
0 Votes

That is exactly what happened to mine too.  Very frustrating. Just now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Following this thread.

Same here.    Stuck with a half filled line on my Fitbit.  Annoying.

Tried hard reset and nothing.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this fixed it for me

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-HR/Charge-HR-Firmware-Release-Version-18-128/m-p/2253169#M188...

uninstall / re-install app
"forget device" on bluetooth 

fixed it for me , good luck

Best Answer
I got mine going again, not sure if it was turning off the blue tooth on iPad (forget this HR) and then reinstalling, I spent all afternoon piddling around with it.

Sent from my iPad
Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you!  It worked at the first try.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Worked for me! Thank you! 🙏🏼 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes I had this issue lastnight.

Managed to get it back - followed the advice on the forum as I got the error:
"fbbluetootherrordomain error 18"

Went to phone settings > bluetooth and told it to forget the Charge HR. Re-opened the app which re-attempted the firmware update which this time started again. The half stuck bar on the fitbit then finished loading and restarted normally on the new firmware version.

This issue is stupid though, I don't think I will get a new fitbit going forward.

Best Answer

This also helped me! Thank you!!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thank you so much for this post. I was online and on the phone with Fitbit support for over an hour and they had me run through their troubleshooting over and over with no result. They didn’t seem to understand why I would be angry when they said let’s start from the beginning again why nothing worked. They also said they would do nothing else except their list of troubleshooting even though it wasn’t the update that bricked my Fitbit. They never said to try uninstalling the app. I did that and it fixed it instantly. I was still on the phone with support when I did this and asked why uninstalling that app was not on their list. She replied they don’t recommend it Bc you could lose your dashboard information. However it was on their list for me to “just go out and buy a new Fitbit”.  Seriously.... buy a new Fitbit was their answer to their update bricking mine.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This worked for me - thanks 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I went through all the forum post. I tried to do the 12 sec restart several times ( alteast 30 ~ 40 times)  but it never worked. What worked for me was the following

1. Connected the wireless dongle to laptop

2. Connected the Charge HR to the laptop

3. Installed the windows software for Fitbit 

4. Just hold for 3 seconds ( not 10 ~12 seconds) 

5. Then used the installed software in the laptop to connected and it worked in the first try. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here. Did you ever get it fixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Yes I removed and reinstalled

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Yes. Off course. That’s the reason I shared so everyone can benefit from it.

Best Answer
0 Votes

After 2 years of being frustrated with this. THIS fixed mine. I had already removed it from my app long ago, however apparently removing it from the iPhone "Bluetooth Device List" while it was showing the Update bar is what done it. It then showed a ( ! ) symbol over the bar, then when I opened the app back up it began to update and finished.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks so much 😄😄 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an old HR that had been sitting on the halfway update screen for over 2 years and no reset process or 20 minute internet videos full of ponderous and slow talking people and filled with erm, yea, erm, yea, ermmmmm, kinda yea, ermmmm, yea helped (frankly a waste of time).

It was not attached to my iPhone via Bluetooth so therefore did not need to be removed from my phones Bluetooth attached devices list as many suggest.

It was also not set up in the FitBit App on my iPhone as the HR has been unused and replaced by a new device 2 years back.

My old HR has simply sat in a draw and I was going to give it away so thought I would try again to fix it. I charged it via plugging it into a MacBook to be confronted, yet again, by the halfway bar of death, so this is what I did to fix it and this took maybe 3 minutes all in.

This worked.

1: Removed the current HR 3 device from the FitBit App on my iPhone leaving only my scales, no wrist devices.

2: Used the App to then search for the broken HR which was plugged into my MacBook via the USB cable to maintain charge, nothing more.

3: The FitBit App found it in 5 seconds and started to update the device, at which point the dreaded bar of death began to move to conclude the new update!!! 

4: It said wait, but completed the update in around 30 seconds and when done my old HR was back to working as it should, bar of death banished!

There seems to be so much noise and complexity around this issue but for me the above worked. To be clear resets of the device by the button failed and simply flashed green lights (as video after boring video show) to only bring the half update bar back. Stop wasting your time people or over thinking the process.

Hope the above helps or adds to the process outlined.

Best Answer