Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge hr 2 tracking stops mid run

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've noticed in the last few weeks that my Fitbit has stopped tracking mid run as if Ive pushed the stop button but haven't touched the thing. I only notice when I happen to be checking my distance and see the clock screen. Todays run it did it numerous times. I keep checking and then having to restart another run. This isnt helpful in tracking. I only run a out 30 minutes at a time. I've reset the Fitbit, removed and repaired bluetooth, and checked that my location is set to high accuracy. Not sure what else I can do to fix this issue. Please help. Thank you. Also I'm using the Samsung galaxy note 9. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Since the Galaxy Note 9 was only released last month (August) it isn't a compatible device with Fitbit, meaning there may be problems using it with the Fitbit App, since Charge 2 uses Connected GPS. 

Also, if that wasn't the case then there maybe a problem with the Bluetooth establishment within your phone and your Charge 2. 

Not to worry at the moment though, because I think all the other Galaxy Note phones are supported (up to Note 😎 so I am sure that the Note 9 will be added to the list sometime soon.

Charge 2; Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro
Best Answer
0 Votes

I do hope they have an update soon. I have discovered that if I use a pair of bluetooth earbuds then the Fitbit won't connect to GPS. I haven't taken on a run with wired earbuds yet but will try tomorrow and see what happens. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello there, I'm having the same issue. I've perused the forums and found a proposed solution relating to updating the IOS version (although the new version mentioned was released in 2016 and I got my Charge 2 at the end of last year) but I didn't really understand whether it was talking about the App on my computer (which I never really log into as doing so logs me out on my phone), or my phone.

Can anybody help please (using simple terms for a simple girl)? I know I'm not accidentally pressing on the button to stop tracking, and even if I were stopping the tracking manually *by accident*, I would see the results screen for my partial run, wouldn't I? Today I ran 13k and my bracelet/phone combo has only recorded 3. Not very gratifying! Thanks in advance.

Best Answer
0 Votes