Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom Max Heart Rate Won't Save

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

The thread is basically what it says on the tin. I prefer to set my custom max heart rate (CMHR) to 220 because I get more accurate calorie burn information when the tracker isn't telling me I'm in "fat burn" while I'm sitting in front of my computer.

I've had my CMHR set like this for a few months, but when I was showing it to a friend yesterday it reset it and now refuses to save my CMHR. I've tried setting it lower as well, but it still resets.

When I first got my Charge 3 I was being told I had burned 3000 calories during a day of minimal activity. I was spending significant portions of my day in "fat burn" zone according to it. That was clearly wrong and if I'd eaten at "maintenance", I would have ballooned. After changing the CMHR it settled down and gave me much more reasonable data. So far today its been giving me seemingly accurate data, but I'm still eager to gain some certainty that it will work as desired.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

I have the same problem on Charge 4. The Custom Max Heart Rate doesn't save and always changes to 0. Very frustating.

Best Answer

Exactly! That's what happens to me as well. I wonder if it's a bug with the current version of the app. Next time it updates we should see if we can set it.

Best Answer

It’s definitely a bug since it used to save before.

If you make the change on the web dashboard instead of on the app it saves for a couple of days, but eventually reverts to the default (220 minus age) again.

As an update on Fitbit iOS app 3.25.1 (977) this bug appears to be back as I had to enter Custom Max Heart Rate on the web dashboard since the app wouldn’t save the change.

it shouldn’t be that difficult for the developers to fix, one would think!

Greetings,

Best Answer

I have same problem with charge 4 and iphone X. I can fool it for few hours by changing on android device and sync from iphone but it changes back to 220-age after few hours.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had the same issue with my Versa Lite since May 2020. I used to be able to fix it using the web browser dashboard and it would stick sometimes for months, but now it is not working at all with the new firmware update. I deleted a couple of apps that deal with HR Zones thinking they may interfere with this feature but that didn’t help. I am using the fitbit to pace at low heart rates for health reasons and really depend on being able to customize the max HR (and thus the zones). I am much more able to make decisions about my activity based on how much time I’ve spent in each zone. I think it’s time they fix this issue!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Staceyllc,

I can best describe the option to change the heart rate values as “moody”. Sometimes it stays for a week or so after editing it from the Dashboard, other times the change is removed straightaway.

In my case I need the Max Heart to read 200 instead of the age-adjusted default of about 160.

It seems that any editing performed for the Heart Rate is negated after an update to the Fitbit

iOS app. BTW, my Ionic has the latest firmware.

Let’s hope for a fix soon!

Best Answer

Fitbit: fix this!

Best Answer

I know this is a temporary work around but I just changed the year I was born so that 220 minus the plugged age would equal the maximum heart rate I want.  

Best Answer
0 Votes