Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer Support

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I bought my grandson a Fitbit for his birthday in Jun 2022.  The buckle on the strap broke within a couple of days. I telephoned Fitbit support on August 20th, queued, spoke to a young man who told me to email a photo of the broken strap buckle to Fitbit Support. He said that a replacement strap would be sent out promptly. I sent this email on August 20th and have been very disappointed that we have not had a replacement. I telephoned again today, spoke to another man who made some excuse that I didn’t understand as to why we haven’t heard anything. He then kept me on the phone for a very long time while he found the Case number (which I gave him) . He said that he had my email with all the details of the Fitbit, registration email etc. However, he then proceeded to put me on hold for a very long time while he processed the replacement, asked me to repeat details that he already had and when I questioned the time that this was taking he was very curt! I’m afraid that this experience has put me off buying any more products from this company. Poor quality product and very poor customer service! 

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Not disagreeing with your support problems at all, but for strap problems I might be inclined to go right to Amazon and buy a third-party band, or perhaps a set of them, at very reasonable price, in wide variety of colors, styles, and materials, and generally get within a few days just to avoid all the trouble you are going through.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
6 REPLIES 6

Not disagreeing with your support problems at all, but for strap problems I might be inclined to go right to Amazon and buy a third-party band, or perhaps a set of them, at very reasonable price, in wide variety of colors, styles, and materials, and generally get within a few days just to avoid all the trouble you are going through.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
Thank you for your advice. It certainly would be much easier and quicker to do that.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I purchased a sense 2 in September. It was not charging and I could not switch the straps as the latches were defective. I sent it back 10/3. They received 10/5. I couldn’t get a straight answer about the replacement. They allegedly sent a replacement but the tracking number was bogus. I contacted Fitbit several times. Again no support-only bit emails that. Could not reply to. I’ve filed a credit card dispute with my bank. While I like Fitbit devices, I will never order through Fitbit again. I’m replacing the device via an Amazon order. At least I know they have the asurion warranty that is actually honored by Amazon. So sick of the lies and incompetence I’ve experienced with Fitbit customer support!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I really like the Amazon bands-as long as the Fitbit device isn’t defective and accepts them. I had a lot of bands for my versa. The sense is allegedly easier to swap out bands, but the latches on the device were defective. It’s an absolute nightmare to replace-Fitbit customer support isn’t!!!

Best Answer
0 Votes
This is similar to the experience that I had with Fitbit direct. I bought a Fitbit for my grandson in June 2022 from John Lewis as I have always had good service from JL in the past. However, when the strap broke JL said that they could not help. They said that I had to deal with Fitbtdirect which was difficult, time consuming and problematic. I did receive a replacement strap but it took weeks, several emails and at least 2 long phone calls. This has put me off Fitbit products completely. I won’t buy again.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

But it's not just with the bands that Fitbit shows that they have poor communication skills it happens with other issues as well. They are slow to respond and often fail to respond. My friend contacted them on July 1 of this year on Messenger and they never responded. My friend then contacted them on chat several times and one of them finally said that the failure to respond was because they had a lot of people contacting them right now. But this was a lie because I contacted them on Messenger pretending like I wanted to buy a Fitbit and they responded right away. We did have a conversation on Messenger back and forth for a few days where I mentioned to them that my friend had contacted them on Messenger and that they never responded they asked for his contact information and promised to respond to him on Messenger. But after checking with him they never responded to him like they promised they would. My friend told me he contacted them once again on Chat asking why they failed to respond on Messenger of course they didn't seem to know. he asked me to contact them again on his behalf since we seemed to be having a good connection with each other, so I did on Messenger, and they assumed that because he had contacted them on Chat it meant he didn't want a response on Messenger. Not only did they wrongly assume that my friend didn't want a response on Messenger they called him by the wrong pronoun as well. When I informed them that they were wrong for assuming that he didn't want a response on Messenger and that they called him by the wrong pronoun that's when they ghosted me too. 

So, to make a long story short Fitbit has a bad habit of failing to respond to people on their social media channels. 

Best Answer