Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display gone Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Charge 2 display has gone dark.  The green lights on the underside are still bright and communicates with my app.  It will not reset and respond in any way.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

I've been in touch with Fitbit support today and they are sending me a replacement.

Can't fault the customer service.

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37

Hello @Deliam, it is great to see new faces around! Thanks for trying to restart your Charge 2 to fix this issue with it's display. Since the issue persists, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. So please keep an eye on your inbox. 

I'll be around! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi.  I have exactly the same issue.  Display went last night and won't restart/reset. Have tried to restart.  Synch still works. Can you let me know a solution.  Thanks.  Ian

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @ianod, welcome to the Fitbit forums! If the display of your Charge 2 is not working, and you already tried to restart it, don't you worry, I have escalated your case with our Support team so they can further assist you. So please keep an eye on your inbox. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to mine last night. The green lights are on, but the screen is black. I had it on the charger all night, but still isn't working. Thought I'd try here before I purchased a new one.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The exact same thing happened to my Charge 2 last night/this morning, has the fix been posted anywhere??

Best Answer
0 Votes

I haven't seen anything, I've tried to restart it to no avail. It's showing as "decommissioned" when I hook it  up to my laptop.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I’m waiting on the moderator to get back with a fix. I’ll share it when I get anything.

It’s really disappointing that this is happening so much. It suggests that the screen going black is a common fault in the Charge 2. I assume FitBit will sort this out ASAP as they must have known about the problem.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

My charge 2 is doing the same thing.  I hope there is a fix for this problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same here.. Stopped yesterday.. It is still counting my steps/syncing.. full charge... green lights on back work... vibrates for text message but screen is blank.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I am having the same exact problem and I also tried restarting. My Charge 2 is still pretty new also as I just got it this last Christmas. Thanks

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing...any updates?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Today my fitbit Charge 2 lost its display.  it still has green lights blinking and is recording information that is sent to my app.  There is just no visible screen!  I powered off and reset the charge 2 to no avail... 

Any other suggestions or help

/

Best Answer
0 Votes

The same thing happened to mine on Sunday, I have tried restarting but that's not worked.  Just waiting to hear back from Fitbit to see if anything else can be done.  Mine is about 18 months old though so out of warranty.

Seems a bit off that so many have gone at the same time though...

Best Answer

I'm having the same problem....Strange

Best Answer
0 Votes

I've been in touch with Fitbit support today and they are sending me a replacement.

Can't fault the customer service.

Best Answer

Lucky you....all they did was give me the runarounds and keep insisting I do the same resrt I have done a million times. Time for me to go to a competitor.

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi check this out

https://www.fitbit.com/legal/returns-and-warranty

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer

Hello folks, how are you today? 

I'm sorry to hear that the display of your Charge 2 aren't working. On the other hand, I appreciate you have taken the time to solve this by, first of all, trying to restarted them. Besides that tip, I would suggest you to try to set it up as a new device and see if something appears on the screen. If you need further assistance, please contact our Support team, so they can guide through other troubleshooting or review some other options to get you back on track. 

For those who already contacted our Support team, thanks for taking the time to do that. 

Let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I’ve been having problems with my charge 2 over the past few days and when I woke up this morning, it was completely blank. Called customer service and all they did was apologize and pushed a 25% discount for a new device. I’ve had my charge 2 for a little over 2 years and these problems are all of a sudden occurring. I tried troubleshooting over the phone and it didn’t help at all. Please help me.

Best Answer
0 Votes