Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display gone Charge 2

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Fitbit Charge 2 display has gone dark.  The green lights on the underside are still bright and communicates with my app.  It will not reset and respond in any way.  Any suggestions?

Best Answer
37 REPLIES 37
I did a restart
Plugged it in held the button down until I saw the smiling face

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Just tried that, still didn’t work. 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi I was offered a replacement for a Charge2 or discount on an upgrade FitBit as a direct result of my post on the forum. So I guess it depends what you want to do going forward. If you want like for like it could be worth pursuing this complaint.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

I want a replacement and they can’t give me one because my 1 year warranty expired. Such a joke

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello guys! I hope you are fine! 

@Tkurtz10, thanks for restarting your Charge 2 and contacting our Support team for further help. Our team always try to get an option to get you back on track. You can take a look at Fitbit warranty for further information. 

Hi @Chrispy962, thanks for restarting your Charge 2 as well. Did that work? 

Thanks for stopping by @Deliam!. As I mentioned before, the options change depending on every case. For further information, you can take a look at Fitbit warranty for further information. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
In the meantime, I bought a Charge 3. Nice upgrades. Really like it.
Best Answer
0 Votes

My two year old Charge 2's display just went to permanent black. This was preceded by two days of the display inverting and shifting. Initially, resetting my Fitbit while plugged in & fully charged fixed the display. However, resetting three times while plugged in and charged now has no effect on the display. Nor does changing the display settings and resynching the Fitbit. It is still collecting data properly. Is this a hardware failure or something repairable with a firmware patch? 

Best Answer

I'm also having the black screen issue after 1 day of a hard to read display.  I did follow the instructions to restart and also tried to establish it as a "new device" on my phone but no help.  I love my fitbit, but wondering if it's time for a change to a different device.  It seems it should last longer than a few years.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My display is completely gone. Wont wake up. Please help?

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi

The same happened to me . I complained to FitBit and they replaced mine. I contacted the customer service team.

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Since I have tried all that is recommended for my Charge 2, can I get a replacement?  I haven't had it two years yet.

Best Answer

Not even six months later, the same thing happened to my new Charge 3. No way was I going to spend  $150 for a third one, so I went with a Galaxy Smart Watch. Loving it so far.

Best Answer

This just happened to my Charge 2, still syncs, records all vital information. . .i just can’t see the face of the device. Was this ever answered on this forum?  I have tried restating, no vibration, lights flashing in the back. HELP.

How do you contact Fitbit?

Moderator edit: merged reply

Best Answer

Display has gone dark.  Charged Fitbit, but this did not correct the problem.  Fitbit did sinc with app.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I contacted FitBit and after going through some diagnostics I was told it was unrepairable, I was sent a 15% off coupon on a replacement and I purchased another, however I purchased a two year replacement warranty

Best Answer

Hello I am also experiencing this issue May I also receive some assistance from the support team please ? 

thank you, Antony 

Best Answer
0 Votes
When I had this problem, the only advice I received was to replace the unit as it couldn’t be repaired.

Today is a blessing. . . Make it count!!!!
Best Answer

I had the same exact thing happened to me. How do I restart the watch or re sync it

Best Answer
0 Votes