Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distance from Fitbit to Phone

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

How far does the phone need to be from the Fitbit in order to receive text or call notifications? I work in a facility where phones aren't allowed. So I can't have any texts or call coming through to the Fitbit.

Best Answer
8 REPLIES 8

@Adb5  Many things can determine how close your phone needs to be for the bluetooth to connect.  Typically it is about 20-30 ft, but walls, type of materials, etc can all effect that.

Kelly | Oklahoma
Alta HR, Blaze, Flex 2, Charge 2, Charge, and Aria * IPhone 7+

Best Answer

So about 30ft and I shouldn't receive any notifications from my phone right?

Best Answer

possibly this would depend on whatever interferance is around, i often sync are receive notifications from 50 feetl

Best Answer

What do you mean by 

@Rich_Laue wrote:

i often sync are receive notifications from 50 feetl

Best Answer

I mean that Fitbit says the tracker needs to be within 30 feet to sync or receive notifications.. This is the old Bluetooth standards, BT 4.x is rated a lot further at 70 feet and bluetooth 5.0 is over 100 feet. 

My phone is inside a metal structure and I'm across and down the street away and can still receive notifications. 

To sum it up BT 4.x should easily go 30 feet in most circumstances and open air possibly 70 or more feet. 

My phone says that a trusted BT device 80 fret away could possibly keep my phone unlocked. 

Best Answer

I just purchased at Fitbit Versa 2 and I don't get calls or text if I'm 20ft away. I have a LG Stylo 5 connected. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

If your closer notifications work fine? 

This makes no sense. 

the antenna orientation battery level and other radio devices may interfere. Baby monitors, WiFi, cordless telephones, personal 2 way radios, Bluetooth speakers all work in the same radio spectrum. 

However I don't seem to see interference. 

I get notifications while in the front of a mall store with the phone in the back. We also bring in our own WiFi, the store has its own, we may also have 8-10 wireless scanners each using Bluetooth. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine had went through one wall than about 100'.

Best Answer