Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Downgrade to old Fitbit app version

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi! I am not fan of the latest interface of the Fitbit app. Is there away to go back to the previous version. Please help. 

Best Answer
4 REPLIES 4

According to the following help file:

"After you switch to the new app experience, you can no longer access the old Fitbit app design. Over the next few months, the old Fitbit app design won’t be available, and the new app experience will become permanent."

from: https://help.fitbit.com/articles/en_US/Help_article/2435

Best Answer

I hate it too. I really have no idea how they could even begin to think this could be considered an upgrade...I saw it on someone else's phone and I'm definitely not going to update for as long as possible. 

And not only is it awful, I also believe they're making a huge mistake, preventing users from choosing the look they prefer. Fitbit trackers aren't exactly cheap, and you would expect they would be a bit more forthcoming with users. 

Anyway, just so you know, there *are* ways to go back to previous versions of the app, just such methods are not Fitbit approved.

For the record, as far as I know,  you can manually install older versions of virtually any kind of app (which means bypassing the Playstore) if you can find the software file but it's usually advised- against for security reasons, and rightly so.

Best Answer

I have just uninstalled the app to fix regular sync issues , on re installing I now have the original version Back .

When I tried this on my Wives Tab it didn't work but just re installed the Crap version.  

I can only hope mine doesn't auto update 

Fitbit of course think it's all fine and aren't interested 

Best Answer

I might try that. 🤔

Best Answer