Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge 3 GPS and exercise tracking issues

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi everyone, over the last 6 months or so, when tracking exercise, my fitbit (charge 3) states its connected and I go on my walk / run then when I finish, the map shows a small line from one end of the road to the other when I'd done a 3m loop for example. It's not tracking properly unless I start the app from my phone and do it that way. Which very much defeats the object. I've trying to unpair and repair, location and Bluetooth is on. I use a Samsung galaxy s9 using the latest software. I'm at a bit of a loss!

Moderator edit: updated subject for clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hi @Danielle1409, welcome to our Fitbit Community. Regarding the maps and exercise tracking issues that your Charge 3 has experienced, I appreciate the time spent trying to get them resolved before contacting our forums.

I'd like you to restart your Charge 3 as advised in this help article. After this, check out this help page, which explains how the GPS feature works on your Fitbit device. 

Finally, monitor your Charge 3 during the next exercises and see if the issue gets fixed.

Keep me posted on the outcome.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi thereI've reset my fitbit more than once and the problem is still there. Attached is a screenshot of the walk I did today. I did not travel in a straight line! Its incredibly frustrating!! Sent from my Galaxy
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Danielle1409, thank you for getting back and trying the recommended troubleshooting steps. Since the issue persists, let me go ahead and forward your case to our Support team so they can investigate further and provide a solution. You will receive an email from them soon.

I'll be around if any question arises.

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer
0 Votes