Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Edit sleep times

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When I am sitting relaxing my Charge 2 seems to think that I am asleep! It told me I slep for over 11 hours on Sat night, "sleeping" from 7.45 pm until 8.09. It did show some 'awake' time - that be when I got up and went to bed!.,

how is do I make sure that it only records when I am actually asleep? Or edit the times?

any help most appreciated!

thanks, 

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

@GillyB438 I hope you're doing well! Your tracker will start recording sleep once it has detected an hour of inactivity so most likely this is what it is happening. Try moving your arm a little bit while you are sitting on your couch/chair so it knows that you aren't sleeping. You can also edit the sleep time by going to the sleep area and selecting the sleep record.

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Hey hey hey @GillyB438, it is great to see new members around! Cat Happy If your Charge 2 is tracking some of your non-movement moments as sleep, maybe you need to change the sleep detection on your Fitbit account. Just go there, tap on Charge 2 then scroll down to the option that says "Sleep tracking" and change it to "Normal" in case that is on "Sensitive". Finally don't forget to sync your Tracker to save the changes. 

Now if you'd like to edit your sleep, try the following instructions for Windows 10 and for iOS app: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the sleep log you want to edit.
  3. Tap the three dots and find the option to edit.
  4. Adjust the time you went to sleep or the time you woke up. Don't forget to save.

And these steps if you are using an Android phone: 

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the sleep tile. This is the tile that says "How did you sleep?" or, if you tracked sleep the night before, shows how many hours and minutes you slept.
  2. Tap the sleep log that you want to edit.
  3. Tap the pencil icon in the top right corner.
  4. Adjust the time you went to sleep or the time you woke up and then tap Save.

Let me know how it goes! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

Thankyou so much - I couldn't work out at all how to edit it, I was missing the three dots!! 

Done, yeah!.,

thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

You are very welcome @GillyB438! If you have further questions or comments, don't hesitate to keep us posted! 😉 

Have a nice day! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer

I do not see the three dots using iOS. Where exactly are they?

Best Answer

@GermanyUSA1992 Welcome to the Fitbit Community! I hope you're doing well! Following @HeydyF's instructions you just need to tap the sleep record you want to edit in the app, and there you will see the three buttons on the top right corner (see the picture) then it will show the option to edit the record.

sleep settings.png

Let me know how it goes!

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Trying to edit my time asleep, but the 3 dots at the top of page on the right have disappeared. I’ve rebooted the app. I’ve rebooted my iPhone XR, but I still have no dots to take me to edit my sleep.
Fitbit App updated to 3.16.1.
Any suggestions?

iPhone XR updated to 13.3.1 

Best Answer
0 Votes