Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

'Error 403 Forbidden' when adding card to Fitbit Pay

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

When on screen - Adding credit/debit card to Fitbit pay, 'Error 403 Forbidden' message comes up

- unable to add card

Moderator edit: subject for clarity 

Best Answer
2 REPLIES 2

Welcome to the Fitbit Community, @Fleur01.

I am sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing trying to add credit/debit card to Fitbit Pay. Thanks for the details shared and I am here to help. I recommend trying the following:

1. Log out from the Fitbit app.
  2. Verify if the Fitbit app is updated to the latest version. For instructions, see this help article.
  3. Force quit the Fitbit app.
  4. Reboot your phone.
  5. Open the Fitbit app and confirm your device's firmware is updated: How do I update my Fitbit device?

Try to add your card again: What should I know about Fitbit Pay?

Keep me posted on the outcome. I'll be around if you have any questions.

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit Get Moving in the Lifestyle Discussion Forum.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem with my relatively new Sense when I try to set up Fitbay pay from the app on my Android device. It prompts me for a PIN that I don't yet have on my phone. Then I get this error on my phone: "Error Registering Sense with Fitbit Pay Wallet. 403 Forbidden". I've reinstalled my app, removed the Sense, re-added the Sense, and a bunch of other stuff. I bought the Fitbit in part because of the wallet functionality (I had an Ionic that got replaced). I am so frustrated with this I'm ready to ditch Fitbits all together (because, frankly, every device I've ever had has had glitches when setting things up). 

Best Answer