Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Exercise heart rate not matching daily heart rate

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

hi,I’ve been using the charge 2 for 1 month. It worked great until today. 

When I ran today, the heart rate appeared as “—“.  I’m not quite sweaty and the band was kept at a right place. 

What’s great is right after the workout, I noticed there’s a detailed and full heart rate record in the exercise dashboard, even including the peak heart rate when it showed “—“ during running. 

However, on the daily heart rate dashboard where I could monitor the heart rate for a day, the heart rate data doesn’t match the rate in exercise. Meaning if I got a peak range rate for about 20 minutes in the exercise session, it only appeared as 8 minutes in the daily heart rate session. 

What is the reason for the mismatching?

thx!

Best Answer
19 REPLIES 19

Hey @fishbonie, welcome to the Community! Smiley Happy Could you please post a couple of screenshots so I can take a look at your daily heart rate and the overall heart rate data and compare them? So I can further investigate it and help you out. 😉 

Catch ya' later! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had a similar issue. My walk record showed a peak HR of 159 (which it never was) but my daily HR record showed a max of 125 for the exact same time of day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue. I’ve been using Charge 3 for two months. The swim log reported peak HR was 168, the daily HR record showed a maximum of 134 for the same time and day. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey guys, @Sze and @Louie64, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! If your Fitbit aren't tracking accurate resting heart rate and peak heart rate readings (during exercises) I'd like you to try to restart your tracker. Just take a look at the instructions in this help article: How do I restart my device? 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Tried that about 1000 times. Not a solution. Product is inaccurate too often.

Thanks;

Rob
Best Answer

Sorry, restart doesn’t fix the problem.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for your reply guys, @Sze and @Louie64. Considering that this issue with the heart rate monitor of your Charge 2 and Charge 3 persists, I have escalated your cases with our Support team so please keep an eye on your inbox guys. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Had the same experience today. Completely different heart rate record to exercise record. How can it be fixed.  Also the stair count is completely inaccurate!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I find that it can be affected by the watch rubbing against clothing. And some days when I’m not even wearing it, it shows activity.

Thanks;

Rob
Best Answer
0 Votes

Here is the reply from Fitbit:

"We’d like to share that your heart rate wasn't supposed to be tracked during your swim activity and it should automatically turned off and this is expected behavior. You may notice that heart rate is still tracked however, the heart rate data that tracked from swimming does not affect you overall data."

@KatieButtercup wrote:

Had the same experience today. Completely different heart rate record to exercise record. How can it be fixed.  Also the stair count is completely inaccurate!

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have never had a swim with my Fitbit PLEASE read the original post or any of my posts

Thanks

Rob
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @KatieButtercup, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community! Let me ask you a few questions to help you out better. In regards of the stair not accurate, is it your Charge 2 tracking a higher amount or a lower amount from the actual floors you are climbing? And now, about the heart rate, have you made sure that you are wearing it correctly, specially when you are exercising? If so, then try to restarting it by following these instructions. 

@Louie64, I hope you are doing good. Did you get in touch with our Support team? In the meantime, besides the restart you tried, I'd like you to turn the heart rate monitor to OFF, then sync your Charge 2, turn it ON, sync again and turn it to AUTO and of course, sync again. That might fix the inaccurate readings you are getting with your Charge 2.

@Sze, thanks for sharing your response. Like our team mentioned, the heart rate data from swimming will not affect your overall data. 

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have done all these things dozens of times. Either the basic premise of Fitbit is wrong or mine is faulty.

Basically don’t rely on the HR monitor at all for accurate results anymore.

Thanks

Rob
Best Answer

Have the same concern, seems there is lots of other fitbiters' with the same concern, but no answers??!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

It's been 18 months since this topic started - and no solution from Fitbit as to why the Heart Rate info does not match the heart rate data in the Exercise info - other than the standard, "restart" which does not work.   

Best Answer
0 Votes
  • I have this same problem.Dont think Fitbit are going to address this as it’s been an issue for so long. No explanation and no fix.  
Best Answer
0 Votes
Don’t even bother using the thing anymore.

Thanks

Rob
Best Answer
0 Votes
I gave up waiting for a response from Fitbit, much less a fix. Replaced my
Fitbit with a "fruit-watch".
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same issue with different heart rate in Daily Heart Rate and in Exercise.

Off-topic, but similar - after I woke up in the morning I had 1 hour of "deep" sleep. I decided to sleep a bit more, and after I finally got up I had 1 hour and 10 minutes of "deep" sleep, but FitBit App doesn't show those additional 10 minutes of "deep" phase... it just change old amount of "deep" phase sleep time.

Best Answer
0 Votes