Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FitBit Charge 3 life expectancy

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

What is Charge 3 life expectancy?

This is the 2nd fitbit product that dies on me within 2.5 years. First one was FitBit Versa I bought on Amazon in Dec 2018. Lasted till July 2020 and battery stopped holding charge.

Out of warranty, so support could only offer me a 25% discount on the next purchase. I got myself a Charge 3, lasted till few days ago (Feb 2023) - completely dead. Unable to reboot it, its just not responsive.

I wore them daily, going to gym 3 times a week, but other than that I am not taking it off, not taking into shower or under water, never dropped them either.

Whats going on? Versa lasted 1.5 years, Charge 3 lasted 2.5 years... is this normal for a FitBit product?

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Hi!

Two years on average has been the average lifespan for a Fitbit for me. The Charge 2 that I bought used for work is an exception. This tracker is roughly five years old and still works fine. Recently I cracked the screen (not sure how) but its still working. About a month ago my Charge 3 got really dim and I've tried everything to fix it to no avail. Its just over two years old.

Best Answer

I was given a Charge 3 as a present in February 2020. In July 2020, the screen developed screen failure by way of vertical lines. Fitbit acknowledged this was a problem and replaced the unit as it was still under warranty. Fast forward to March 2021, and the replacement unit had no failed! So again, as a measure of goodwill this time, they replaced the unit! Lo and behold....the 3rd unit failed after just a few months. I now have 3 fitbit charge 3 units, and not one of them are fit for purpose! 

After the last unit failed, fitbit offered me a discount on a replacement product as the 3rd one was by then out of warranty! 

3 Firbit charge 3 units in a space of less than 2yrs, but they don't admit it's a problem with it.

I'd never worn it when washing up or in the shower, all their suggestions of restarting or rebooting didn't work on any of the failed units!

Best Answer

Just from what I've read in here it sounds like the Charge 3 is a dud overall. Very few positive comments.

Best Answer

Guess I am luckier. My Fitbit Charge 3HR has laster about 3.5 years, and is just now dimming out(tho' it stiil records my steps daily). And, I wear it swimming regularly . Go figure.

Best Answer
0 Votes