Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 black line across screen

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

1st December 2019 - purchased from Amazon
9th April 2020 - replaced against case number 35232507 due to black line across screen
13th November 2020 - band replaced aginst case number 38422134 due to band splitting
6th December 2020 - replacement developed black line across screen, changed clock face to fitbit standard, performed long reset as per support site but black line across screen due to dead pixels still present

Although the original Charge 3 was purchased a few days over 12 months ago the replacement is less than 7 months old

My question is can Fitbit support resolve this issue?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Thanks everyone for the advise, got in touch with Support by live chat and they verified UK (EEA) warranty as 2 years from date of purchase, they offered me a replacement Charge 3 or 50% discount against a new FitBit model, went for a new Versa 2, brilliant work FitBit Support, I cannot fault FitBit's customer service, Great Job !!!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
6 REPLIES 6

Hi @mthfit  the way the warranty period works is from the date of the original purchase, no matter when you received a replacement. Click for warranty information. You can always check with customer support, as they take cases on an individual basis. 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi Odyssey13

This is an exact from the link you posted and as UK and at the time of purchase was part of the EEA this suggests the warranty should be 2 years

Limited Product Warranty

LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY FOR NEW PRODUCTS

Fitbit warrants to the original purchaser that your Fitbit-branded device and accessories that are new (the "New Product(s)") shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year from the date of purchase, except that if you reside in the European Economic Area (EEA) and you purchased your Fitbit product in the EEA, the warranty period is two (2) years from the date of purchase (the "New Product Warranty Period").

Can you confirm this?

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mthfit  you'll want to get with support directly to verify your status.

Fitbit customer support is doing their best, but right now be prepared for longer wait times. Please be patient. Support is limited by the number of representatives available at a given time and the hours of operation. Chat lines are open when they have live help.
UK: call 0800 069 8505
IRELAND: call 01 691 7502 (country prefix: +353)

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mthfit Thanks for stopping by!

Let me help you with your issue and thank you for troubleshooting it. As mentioned by @Odyssey13 you can reach out to our Support team so they can check your tracker's warranty status. Since the issue persists I have created a ticket so our Support team can further assist you via email.

Let me know how it goes.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer

Thanks everyone for the advise, got in touch with Support by live chat and they verified UK (EEA) warranty as 2 years from date of purchase, they offered me a replacement Charge 3 or 50% discount against a new FitBit model, went for a new Versa 2, brilliant work FitBit Support, I cannot fault FitBit's customer service, Great Job !!!

Best Answer
0 Votes

@mthfit thank you for the update.

Really happy to hear that your tracker was still under warranty and that Support was able to provide options that you were able to use to get a new device at a discounted price. Hopefully you will be back on track in no time.

Happy stepping and stay safe.

Alvaro | Community Moderator

If a post helped you try voting and selecting it as a solution so other members benefit from it. Select it as Best Solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes