Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 not syncing sleep.

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I got fitbit charge 3 .. 3 days ago and the sleep hasnt been tracked in the fitbit. I see everything tracked in the phone app but it wouldnt sync. Ive restarted the tracker several times but nothing has changed so far. Whats a possible solution? 

Best Answer
0 Votes
15 REPLIES 15

Welcome to the Forums @Nitin3.

Let me help you get the sleep to show up in the app. I will be moving this to the Charge 3 board as I think it is better suited for it.

The first thing I'd like to recommend is that you try reading through this help article. It explains how sleep is tracked and so should provide some details as to what is going on. My particular suggestion is to check the sleep setting that you are currently on, you can find that information at the very end of the article. If you are on normal, try moving it to sensitive, or the other way around, to see if that helps with the sleep tracking.

Let me know if there are any further questions.

Lanuza | Community Moderator

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Hi,

I read how the tracker works. I have the Bluetooth on 24*7 for continuous
syncing. I did change the mode from normal to sensitive earlier however, the
syncing is still not happening. I can see the stats on my phone as the data
is there but the tracker doesn't show anything. I have restarted the device
multiple times but that hasn't changed anything either.

Let me know if I am missing something here.

Cheers,

Nitin
Best Answer
0 Votes

Are there any other devices that you can activate? My sleep is sync'd with a tablet in my bedroom while my phone handles everything in the day. The other night my sleep didn't track but when I got it in range of my phone instead of the usual tablet it caught up. There was also a software update that when I applied it on the tablet and rebooted it things started working again.

Usually when sleep doesn't sync the problem is with sync in general. You need to check the dashboard and notifications to make sure they are OK. In otherwords is sleep being ignored or is it collecting data but not sending it to your device.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Nitin3 and @CLTGreg.

@Nitin3 Thanks for getting back to me, for going through those steps and restarting your Fitbit.

My question in this case would be, is it not showing anything at all on the Fitbit? Or does it work? Additionally, do you get some sleep data or nothing at all on the app? It seems like you are experiencing two separate issues. 

There is no reason why everything syncs but not sleep data. The possibility in that case is that sleep is not being tracked at all.

Look forward to your reply.

Remember to vote for posts that helped you out! Tired of the same workout music? Try a Podcast! 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
Well my tracker shows - Sleep not tracked. However, on the phone app it is tracking everything. It shows the number of hours I slept. When I woke up etc. etc.
Best Answer
0 Votes

@Nitin3 wrote:
Well my tracker shows - Sleep not tracked. However, on the phone app it is tracking everything. It shows the number of hours I slept. When I woke up etc. etc.

This is a known bug. As long as it is showing up on your device just try to ignore it for a bit Smiley Happy

Best Answer

Hello @Nitin3 and @CLTGreg.

Thanks for coming in to help @CLTGreg, greatly appreciated.

As @CLTGreg said, it is a known situation. As soon as we have anything to share on the matter we will be sure to let everyone know about it. 

If you have the time, in the meantime, maybe you could visit one of our Discussion boards. Lots of different topics to talk about with other users. 

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Has this been fixed yet, as I have the SAME problem.

Best Answer

Hello @detadawn.

Thanks for jumping in and letting us know that you are also experiencing this situation.

At this moment we do not have any details on the matter but please know that we'll be sure let everyone know as soon as we have any details on the matter. 

Feel free to reach out with any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

My sleep has not been synchronizing since 30 December 2018. Could it be related to the heart monitor? My resting heart rate is not synchronized since then in the fitbit app, but my heart rate does show on the watch.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello @Snaken.

There are some possibilities as to why this is going on:

• If you sleep with a fan or open window, a draft of air could be hitting your Fitbit and causing it to think that you are awake and moving.
  • If your HR is relatively high then your Charge 3 could be thinking that you are awake. Or if you HR is low in general. This can be caused due to stress, a health condition, or because of eating a lot right before going to sleep.
  • You are moving in your sleep. Be it because you generally move around a lot or you are trying to get comfortable.

Let me know if none of the above could be the cause or if there are any further questions.

Best Answer
0 Votes

this bug still lurking this year 2020. do you still have dev for this? why still unfixed?

Best Answer
0 Votes

hallo! Ik krijg geen uitgebreide analyse meer..wat betreft slaap..wel hoelang ik geslapen heb maar niet hoelang in rem, diepe, lichte slaap en score en vergelijking. Hoe kan ik dit veranderen?

Groet Janneke hermsen 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Same issue here. Got my fitbit 2 days ago. It tracks sleep on the app but it is not syncing the sleep data to the fitbit.  It still says sleep not tracked even though I've tried syncing and restarting multiple times.

Please solve this

Best Answer
0 Votes

what I did was I just return to the store where I bought the product. Then I ask them why you are still selling faulty products? there's really a problem with syncing data from the android device to the Fitbit charge 3. Then I just comment on all the reviews of this product on youtube that this is a FAULTY PRODUCT which has been a problem since 2018 and until now they didn't even fix it. I have an email from the Fitbit support that recognizes there lapses of the problem. I can share it if someone wanted some proof.

Best Answer
0 Votes