Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge 3 stopped vibrating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My fitbit 3 has worked fine for several months. When I got a notification, it buzzed, and i could flip my wrist and read it no problem. Just the other day, it randomly stopped buzzing completely. Even if I do a short hold on the side button that brings up the Settings menu, it doesn't do the quick vibration like it used to. When I plug it into the charger or remove it, it doesn't vibrate like it used to. When I receive a call, it doesn't vibrate the screen stays black unless I tap the screen. 10 minutes before the hour it doesn't buzz for the 250 step reminder

It's acting like it's in sleep or DND mode. From the menu on the fitbit, i've turned off and on dnd, sleep, and screen wake multiple times trying to get it to start working again. The screen may also be a bit dimmer than usual but I can't tell for sure

Here is what else I've tried which hasn't helped:

I plugged it into the charger and did the 8 second restart(multiple times)

I cleared user data from the device and re-paired it

Updated fitbit app to the latest

Validated there was not a firmware update available for my fitbit(it's on 1.88.11 which is the latest)

From the fitbit app, disabled notifications, turned on Always Vibrate, disabled and re-enabled notifications

Unpaired my device and re-added it(several times)

I rely on my vibration notifications because I have to keep my phone muted and commonly use two hands and can't pick up the phone

Moderator edit: format

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Hello @rcm2 Welcome to the community forums! 

Thank you very much for the information and for the troubleshooting steps you've followed prior to posting! At this time, I believe the best way to get help is to contact our Support Team. You can contact them through chat or over the phone. Make sure to explain the inconveniences and the troubleshooting steps you've followed, this way they can assist you from there. Click here to get connected. 

See you around. 

Wilson M. | Community Moderator, Fitbit.
Best Answer
0 Votes