Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Charge - Counting Steps Problem

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have checked out the other answers on the forums, but they don't really address my difficulty. I wore a Zip for years, and loved it. It did exactly what I wanted it to - it counted my steps. They are no longer sold by fitbit. A few years ago I thought I would upgrade to a Charge, and used it for a little while and didn't like it, so went back to the Zip. Now I have had to resurrect the Charge and find it is even worse than I remembered. My difficulty is that I am in my 60s and my balance is poor, so I have to hold the rails when using a treadmill, and when walking I have my hands in my pockets. Even with the Charge set to non dominant, it is only registering very infrequent steps - but might register some of movements when I clean the cupboard doors! After spending 30 minutes on the treadmill and registering about 200 of these steps, I am ready to scream 😞 If I cannot work a solution on this, does anyone have a recommendation for something that works like the ZIP? Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

Wrist models need to see the arms swinging

You could try An Inspire with the Clip it should register what you do

Community Council Member

Wendy | CA | Moto G6 Android

Want to discuss ways to increase your activity? Visit the Lifestyle Forum

Best Answer

Thank you Wendy. I will check that one out. I had a feeling it wasn't going to be an easy fix. I had thought of trying to attach it around my bra, but not sure that would be the most comfortable 😉 Does the Inspire come apart, or does the whole thing fit into the clip? I had never seen that before - I am wondering whether it would be possible to use the Charge in the same way?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had the same problem so I held tight with my right hand and loosely with my left, which has the Charge 3.  I let the left flop around a bit.

Best Answer
0 Votes

The inspire comes with a removable band and the optional clip may be bought. 

If it was me, I would first try putting the Charge in a pants pocket or tuck the strap under the waist band. 

Best Answer
0 Votes