Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Displaying Wrong Time

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I've been having issues with my Fitbit Charge HR for a few weeks.

It started when my the display flipped upside down and it stopped counting my steps.  I decided to let the battery drain down completely, then recharge it and see if that fixes it. When it charged back up, the display is oriented correctly, but now the time is wrong (it's currently 8 hours behind the real time).

It appears to be syncing up, but the steps I never match the wrist band (it always shows less steps), however I don't have any sleep statistics or HR data since even before I noticed the original display issue.

I've confirmed that it's set to the right time zone, and went through the process of turning it off manually, per the process on another forum post, but it's still not working correctly.

Any thoughts?

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

It takes times from sync device each time it syncs.

If you are sure it is syncing, and it off by exact number of hours, try changing time zone to something else that is wrong, sync, then change back to correct zone and sync again.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes

So, after playing with some settings, within the App, actually saying it hasn't Synced since Dec 8, 2018 (despite having logged steps that seemed reasonable in the time since then).

So, I guess there's a bigger problem at hand.

Best Answer
0 Votes

See Can I see real-time data in the Fitbit app?

Some data can show on the app from the bluetooth link between phone and tracker without actually syncing through the main Fitbit database.  That often causes confusion of people thinking they have synced when actually have not.

Before posting, re-read to see if it would make sense to someone else not looking at your Fitbit or phone.

Best Answer
0 Votes