Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charge HR Not Tracking Data Correctly

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Both my wife and I have fitbits. Mine a Surge and my wife’s a Charge HR.

They are two years old and malfunction repeatedly 

Mine will not swipe and gives inaccurate “active minutes”, the calorie counter is consequently always inaccurate.

My wife’s suffers a strap which is defective and the heart monitor recently registered 188 bpm, which considering her resting heart rate is about 48, and after a treadmill session flat out would only reach 150’ish.

Is it too much to expect that a piece of equipment should last more than two years?

These watches are not cheap, but the quality of the hardware and components certainly is.

We also have an Aria scale, which hardly ever syncs with the laptop or IPad regardless of repeated resetting and tinkering with the wi fi.

The big question is should we move our allegiance to one of Fitbit’s competitors .

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for Clarity

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

@Banj Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to post the experienced you and your wife have had with your Fitbit devices so far. Thanks for sharing all of those details.

I'd recommend performing a restart on your Fitbit devices. This should refresh their inner components and should help you out.

Regarding the strap on your wife's Charge HR... Did she bought it at the Fitbit Store? Please check the warranty here.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thank you for your reply.
I have tried the restart, and it has worked with my wife’s charge 2, and has partly worked with my surge. The swipe is still not functioning correctly. It is better than it was but not consistent and does not always swipe.
Despite several attempts at setting up the aria scale I have had no joy. They were working at the end of December, albeit intermittently, but now will not sync at all.

It's so nice to communicate with you ........
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have reset my surge and it’s is working better BUT it will not swipe that easily, and will not swipe at all on the “exercise” screen ..... it just sticks on hike.

Best Answer
0 Votes