Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Old Fitbit Charge HR Repaired

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

So, I received my fitbit as a birthday gift Christmas 2015. The piece around the charger connection broke off preventing me from charging it. Fitbit replaced it, but by February 2017 my fitbit had broken again. This time a crack. It was past the 1 year warranty period and so I never reached out to customer service. My friends kept telling me to reach out anyway but I was fed up and was not interested in paying for a new one.

Today after a year and weight gain if 10 lbs I found my 2 broken fitbits in a drawer and deciddd to search online for a fix before throwing them out. No luck, but then I tried gluing the piece from my replacement fitbit back to the original fitbit and so far it looks like its working.  Was able to pare it and update the software. Let's see if I can at least get another year out of it. It's a shame these devices are so flimsy. The tracking had really helped me get fitter in the year and a bit when it had worked. Let's see what it brings for 2019.

Moderator Edit: Updated Subject for ClarityCracked fitbit

Best Answer
0 Votes
5 REPLIES 5

@Dfic Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for taking the time to share the experience you have had with your Charge HR so far. Thanks for sharing all of those details regarding this. 

It's unfortunate to read that it broke. However, I'm glad you found a way to put it back together and that is actually working properly. I really hope it will last a lot more. 

If it happens to not last, please let me know so I can help you out by contacting customer support in your behalf for further assistance.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hello Santi, 

Hence it has not lasted 100%. It works, but the button part fell off. So,  I can't set it to track at the start of my work. Let me know please what Customer Support can do.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Dfic Thanks for your reply and for sharing those details about the button.

I went ahead and created a case with customer support in your behalf for you to get further assistance. Please keep an eye on your email inbox for next steps.

Hope this helps. Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

My fitbit did the same thing, broke at the charging point. I had a replacement and the same thing happened, can you get me case started with customer service.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @SantiR,

Could you please guide me how to create a case for replacement, mine is 4 years old and charge point peeled off hence taking toggle button away as well.

Thanks

RS

Best Answer
0 Votes