Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit Force recall

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello all.

Need some advise please.

I got shiny new Fitbit Force recently (long story short it's a gift from a person who doesn't really understand modern gadgets).

I tried to use it and found out three things.

1. I get itches from wearing it even a little.

2. I can't connect it (I believe since it's an old model)

3. There was a recall of all these bracelets.

Now I contacted Fitbit CC September 2021. They pointed out to Stericycle to give them my recalled Force. After going that way I got answer:

"Hello, Stericycle is the leading provider of medical waste, document destruction, and patient engagement solutions. We are confused as to why Fitbit support pointed you in our direction. We recommend reconnecting with Fitbit on their refund policy."

Now I'm not getting any answer from Fitbit on how to proceed, last letter from them dated November 2021. For better understanding, I'm half globe apart from US, so calling phone is not an option for me. I tried help chat, they told me to wait several times as well as twitter team. And that I will be contacted soon. But no, nothing.

Any Ideas what could I do next?

Best Answer
0 Votes
12 REPLIES 12

Hi @Howote  nice of your friend to gift you with a Fitbit, but I'm wondering where they got it. The Fitbit Force was recalled in February 2014. In case you didn't see it, here is the page telling about the recall - click to read. There is a link at the bottom of the page that takes you to a form to fill out for a refund. I've asked a moderator to top by to assist you and to let you know your next steps.

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

@Howote   The Force was recalled within a few months of its release, then completely removed as a supported device.  All of the devices were under warranty at the time.  You are long past the warranty period.  You should dispose of it in accordance with your local laws.  This must be disposed of as hazardous waste in many areas, because of the battery.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Thanks for your reply!

Yeah, he's a bit of a shopping fan and also a hoarder, so there could be relics of past ages as a gift, I'm not surprised a bit :))

I've already checked the recall page (if you were talking about http://fitbit.expertproductinquiry.com/Force.aspx), it just does not open. So I believe, I'm way past any deadline for help. Anyway thanks for answering, I suppose, I'll try to wait some more for a final answer from CC and then go throw out the gadget in a litter bin since it's not usable even as a watch now.

Best Answer
0 Votes

https://www.fitbit.com/global/us/legal/force-support.html is from Feb. 2014 from the CEO of Fitbit 

Stepping in the U.S.A. since September 2013. Android 14

Best Answer

Welcome to our community @Howote. Thank you for your interaction and assistance @Odyssey13 and @LZeeW. Wow, a new Fitbit Force. I liked that model. 😀

As @Odyssey13 and @LZeeW mentioned, Fitbit Force was recalled years ago but I noticed that our team should contact you and assist you. Please be patient since your case has been escalated to the proper team. 

Have a nice weekend and keep on visiting our forums. 

Best Answer

I'm a bit impatient I know -- it's just that uncertainty makes me itch 🤣

Will wait more, thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Howote   The Force was recalled, discontinued and decommissioned in 2014.  It is useless and needs to be disposed of properly.  You wrote that you are half way around the globe.  All Fitbits have a lithium ion battery and should not go in the regular trash -- all the boxes have the trashcan with the "X" icon.  It should be handled as hazardous waste.  I am not supposed to put things like rechargeable batteries, oil paint and fluorescent light bulbs in my regular trash.  Do you have rules like this where you live?

I'm confident that this is the same answer you will get from Support.

Community Council Member

Laurie | Maryland, USA

Sense 2, Luxe, Aria 2 | iOS | Mac OS

Take a look at the Fitbit help site for further assistance and information.

Best Answer

Hi @Howote. Please be a little more patient, this recall took time a long time ago but you´ll get assistance for sure.

Thank you for your comments @LZeeW.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer

Thanks for the answer! I'm still patiently waiting (and wondering why they pointed to Stericycle also, just curious).

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for getting back to us and for your patience @Howote

They pointed to Stericycle because I remember that they took care of that recall at that time and customers were directed to them. I could ask on Tuesday if someone can check that. It's assigned to the recall center queue but I don't think I'll be lucky today...

Thank you for your patience and for visiting our community. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah, they contacted me and told that they contacted Stericycle themselves. But anyway thanks for your proposal (I'm a bit late answering this, but I lost almost a month without Internet 🙂 so better late than never)!

Best Answer

Thanks for getting back to us and for letting us know that our Support Team contacted you @Howote.

I'd like to invite you to visit our Discussions board where you can share your experiences, meet people and create new topics.

Keep on visiting the forums. 

Best Answer