Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit hr not connecting to app

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My daughters charger hr ran out of battery and had wrong time when recharged. We tried to sync it to update time but it wouldnt sync. I have restarted fitbit, android phone and app before removing and reinstalling app. App connects with fitbit and asks for 4 digit code but then sticks on this page with the connecting icon endlessly spinning. I have retried numerous times but with same out come. HELP 

Best Answer
0 Votes
46 REPLIES 46

Hi, I am having same issue. Charge HR receives four digit code and after entering it into app the app hangs..."connecting".  So, can't add device to app. Tried all steps mentioned in order twice...but doesn't help.

Best Answer
I'm having a problem connecting to. It says my Wi-Fi or my Bluetooth aren't connecting. I can't receive phone call notifications. I've tried everything it tells me and it doesn't work. According to my phone my Wi-Fi and my Bluetooth are connected though. Why can't I get notifications on my Fitbit?

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer

Exact same problem here (on both iPhone 6s and iPad) and none of the suggested fixes work.

Just hangs forever after entering 4 digit code.

Best Answer

Any solution to this issue besides the troubleshooting steps? Have tried all of those and I am still not able to re-connect my fitbit. It stopped syncing and I removed the device. Now trying to re-add it, app finds fitbit, I enter the numbers, and then it just hangs there, trying to connect. Have tried all the troubleshooting steps, nothing works.

Device is only a year-old; I already had to replace it once. if I can't get it to work, I guess it's time to try something other than Fitbit...

Best Answer

I am having the same problem as it will recognize the device and have me put in four digits then continue to say connecting without ever making any progress.  

Best Answer
0 Votes

I finally got it workong again by doing a factory reset and then re-adding the fitbit to the app. Lost about a month's worth of data, but at least it's working. The factory reset wasn't easy either; had to go through the steps several times before it actually reset.

Best Answer
0 Votes

@Bimbs1 @murt.a Welcome to the Fitbit forums! Thanks for posting that you are experiencing this situation with your trackers. Thanks for trying the troubleshooting steps provided.

In this case, I'd recommend performing a factory reset on your tracker. This has helped other users in the past. @djkos 

@Vjmr @GeeMay @Graykatt @chlo_bo @scottttyb Welcome to the Fitbit Community! Thanks for taking the time to report that you are also experiencing the same situation while setting up your Charge HR.

I'd recommend trying the steps provided on this helpful article. Try them in the order given for best results. 

If this doesn't work, please try the factory reset steps that has helped other users in the past.

@beachgirl022 It's great to see you in the Fitbit forums! Thanks for sharing the workaround that helped you out to resolve this. I'm sure this will be helpful for other users too.

Keep me posted! Smiley Happy

Santi | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Like my response? Vote for it! Also, accept as solution!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey mine is doing the same, is there a solution for this? I tried all of the steps you listed in the troubleshooting but still not connection. 😞

Best Answer
0 Votes
I hate to tell you this, but as fast as it stopped, it started again. I didn't do anything different. I started receiving one or two notifications how many more steps are needed for the hour. Later I started receiving the confirmation that I did the steps. Now I'm receiving all confirmations. I don't know? I think they do updates which is good, but it messes other things up.

Get Outlook for Android
Best Answer
0 Votes

I have same problem...Charge HR not connecting to app. This just since 3 days ago; was working fine before.  Phone app recognizes the app but Fitbit does not connect and sync. Time is off on Fitbit, otherwise other functions are working. Ive gone through all the troubleshooting I can find for this including your list here with no luck. Hope you can help.

Best Answer
0 Votes

----------------------------------------

Best Answer

I like piling on, so I'll point out that I had the same problem but the factory reset worked perfectly (I wasn't worried about the data).  It took some extra googling after this forum, but man you've got the entire world at your finger tips helping you solve stuff. Someone else has had the problem you have and its been solved already. search and troubleshoot for another 2 minutes if you have to.

Best Answer
0 Votes

What was the solution to this? Mine is having the same exact issue. Thank you!

Best Answer
0 Votes

I had an awful time. I tried everything I knew three times. Then I contacted the Fitbit support. They walked me through a few steps and it still wasn't working. Mine wasn't very old so they sent me another one. Good luck.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Johny fit bit - I used this video to factoey reset it and it did the trick (erases all non synced data though) - https://youtu.be/D8QigJQbuIo

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have the same problem as described when trying to connect for the first time and I used the link to troubleshoot. It looks like my phone is one of the rare models that isn't compatible. Is there any chance there's a way around this? I use a Sony Xperia xz1 compact phone. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not sure if you've figured it out yet, but a factory reset is what helped me out. You can google the instructions or look at the instructions the mod had posted 

Best Answer
0 Votes
Thanks!
Best Answer
0 Votes

hello,

I'm having the same problem I have tried all of the steps but every time my charge HR runs out of battery I have the same problem. its a constant battle to got it connected and the time correct again.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Why is this the “best answer”? It doesn’t offer a solution for anything. 

Best Answer