Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit not working after a full charge

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I let my Fitbit charge fully overnight. I put my Fitbit on this morning and it was fine. It last synced about an hour ago and it was still fully charged. Now it's not working, no display, no green lights, nothing.... I have had it for about two years is it dead???

Moderator edit: Updated subject for clarity.

Best Answer
1 REPLY 1

Thank you for reaching out to the Community @tsanders31, welcome!

I appreciate the details on your post. You can try the following steps:

1. Plug your charging cable into the USB port on your computer or any UL-certified USB wall charger.
  2. Insert the other end into the port on the back of your Fitbit Charge or Fitbit Charge HR. Your tracker will begin charging.
  3. Press and hold the button for 10 to 12 seconds until you see the Fitbit icon and a version number (e.g. "V30").
  4. Let go of the button. (you can try this a couple of times)
  5. Unplug your tracker from the charging cable.

Your tracker should now work normally. If your tracker still doesn't work after a restart, let me know. 

As you mentioned that your Charge HR is about two years old, you can also clean the charging contacts on the back of it. These contacts can become obstructed by microscopic dirt or debris that prevents them from making a good connection to the charger. Use a toothpick or toothbrush to clean the charging contacts; do not scrape them with anything metal because this may damage the plating and result in corrosion. 

We recommend plugging your charging cable into a USB port on your computer or other low-energy device. If necessary, you can use a UL-certified USB wall charger. Don't use a USB hub or battery pack to charge, and only use the charging cable that came with your tracker.

Hope this helps! See you around.

Want to get more active? ᕙ(˘◡˘)ᕗ Visit Get Moving in the Health & Wellness Forums.

Comparte tus sugerencias e ideas para nuevos dispositivos Fitbit ✍ Sugerencias para Fitbit.

Best Answer
0 Votes