Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit pay won’t lock in Charge 3

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I have the new Charge 3 SE and I have found that after unlocking it to pay it stays unlocked for a while, sometimes just an hour, sometimes a day. Is there anyway to re lock it after using it?

Thanks

Moderator edit: subject for clarity

Best Answer
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hi! So I figured it out with trial and error and found out as Im sure you may know by now- if you take off your fitbit it will lock the pay again or it will wait 24hrs to lock. It was listed under the device lock comments in the app. 🙂 Hope that helps!

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
7 REPLIES 7

Hey @LBJG, it's great to see you around.

If you set up Fitbit Pay, the device lock is turned on and you’re prompted to set a personal 4-digit PIN code when you add a payment card for the first time.

To turn on the device lock without setting up Fitbit Pay:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the Account icon > your device image. 
  2. Tap Device Lock.
  3. Find the option to set a 4-digit PIN code.

I hope this helps, let me know the outcome. Man Happy

Alejandra | Community Moderator, Fitbit

If you like something I recommended, I encourage you to mark that reply as "Best Answer". 🙂

Best Answer
0 Votes
I have set the pin, but after I unlock it using the pin it stays unlocked
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi! So I figured it out with trial and error and found out as Im sure you may know by now- if you take off your fitbit it will lock the pay again or it will wait 24hrs to lock. It was listed under the device lock comments in the app. 🙂 Hope that helps!

Best Answer

Thanks. No I hadn’t worked it out! Glad someone could help me

Best Answer
0 Votes

No problem! I just got mine yesterday and was so excited I was messing around with it and seeing how everything worked lol So glad I could help you! Im a teacher so guess I did my job 🙂 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine is doing the same thing. What was the solution? The one I see here has to do with taking the tracker off, or resetting every 24 hours. Neither of these options  ate available if a credit card is connected to your Fitbit, and that's good! But how do I lock Fitbit Pay after making a purchase? If I want to make another payment in 15 minutes I should have to enter my pin. I do not believe it us secure if it will not lock again. Help!

Best Answer

I called Fitbit a couple of times on this, and sadly there was no solution. 😞  It seems they set it up this way intentionally, and none of the customer service rep's explanations made sense to me. I agree, we should have to use our pin for every purchase.  I assume their thinking is that if a Fitbit falls off its owners wrist and is found by someone else that debit card couldn't be used by the finder because the devise had been off the owner's wrist for some time, and therefore reset. This seems like really backward thinking to me, when all they had to do was make a pin requited for each purchase.  But the company's thinking seems to be that your debit card is safe because the devise is still on your wrist.

Best Answer