Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fitbit tracker and app different gps exercise results

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I run 5/7 days per week, I started noticing how my running app (not from Fitbit, a different app not connected to the company) started giving me results that I found a little too good to be true. 
So I started to activate my Fitbit tracker to compare the results (without turning on my Fitbit app) 

the difference was between 100-200 metres (might not seem like a lot to call it a problem, but I have a military fitness exam soon and the distance is set. By showing me a difference of 100-200m per run, I can’t accurately judge whether I need to train harder or if I am on track. 
After doing a couple runs like this to test if every run has a different results (which they did) I started to turn on all 3 things: my Fitbit tracker, Fitbit app (selecting exercise with gps) and my running app. 
Both the Fitbit app and my running app showed the same results. My tracker was 200 metres off. 
Is this an issue of GPS? (I’ve read a few threads about the gps tracking but those threads showed that even HALF their exercise distance was not recorded, which is not the case here) 

Would there be a fix of simply not using running apps or even the tracker? 
Or should I simply set my Fitbit app to counting steps as if for indoor running rather than gps?

thanks for any help 

Best Answer
0 Votes
0 REPLIES 0