Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Food log entering

ANSWERED
Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I'm having trouble entering food log on my iPhone. I can log food entries on my computer, but not on my iPhone 6s. Can anyone help? Thank you! Also, how do I enter the barcode I've photographed?

Best Answer
0 Votes
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Hey hey hey @Summerliz17, it is great to see new members around! Robot tongue The Fitbit apps support barcode scanning. Just go to the screen where you log food and tap the barcode icon, then make sure the barcode on your food item is in front of your camera. You'll either see "Got it" if the food is recognized as belonging to our food database, or you'll be prompted to add the food to the food database. If the food isn't recognized, you'll need to manually add it to your food log. 

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Heydy | Community Moderator, Fitbit

View best answer in original post

Best Answer
0 Votes
9 REPLIES 9

Hey hey hey @Summerliz17, it is great to see new members around! Robot tongue The Fitbit apps support barcode scanning. Just go to the screen where you log food and tap the barcode icon, then make sure the barcode on your food item is in front of your camera. You'll either see "Got it" if the food is recognized as belonging to our food database, or you'll be prompted to add the food to the food database. If the food isn't recognized, you'll need to manually add it to your food log. 

Let me know if you need further assistance! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have an Android phone and I am having trouble logging in my food intake. Can you help? Fruits and vegetables don't have bar codes.

Best Answer

I have the same problem did you find a solution

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Carolfaith and @Ilohe, let me give you a warm welcome to the Community guys! If you have questions about how to enter your food log, let me know specifically what are they, so I can further investigate them and give you an answer. 😉 

Keep me posted! 

Best Answer
Thanks for your post. I still have issues logging food every other day, or so. Today one item enters perfectly, save and next, and next item brings up nothing and asks to create custom food? For a chicken pasta salad whose food label was scanned, said "got it" then did nothing/kept spinning/froze.

Also, near the end of the day, on a day where it/I logged approximately 900 calories burned of exercise (biking and work out) and ate 300 calories LESS than a previous low exercise day, it read OVER target food/calorie intake?!!

Please help. I am very frustrated and pissed that I have been advised to reset or restart my Fitbit regularly because it doesn't sync. 😫
Thanks, summerliz1

Sent from my iPhone
Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi there,

Can't find the barcode scan icon.

I live in France, wondering whether settings may vary according to country?

Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey @Frogologue, I hope you are doin' fine! To scan a food item, complete these steps:

1. From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap the + icon.
  2. If you're using Android Marshmallow, make sure you grant the Fitbit app access to the requested features of your mobile device. For more information, see Why do I receive access requests from the Fitbit app on my Android mobile device?
  3. Tap Scan Barcode.
  4. Ensure that your item's entire barcode is within the scanning area. If your item is in our database you'll see a summary.
  5. Change any quantities, if necessary, and don't forget to save.

Let me know how it goes! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Thanks for trying to help!

Actually, I got the bar code thing all worked out, but I live in France and, apart from a couple of international brands, most local bar codes are just not recognized.

Do you have many French users? Might be worthwhile looking around for a DB with the info.

FWIW, just downloaded Yuka and will give it a try.

Bests!

PS: new here and pretty allergic to forums Smiley Frustrated so not familiar with etiquette. Do I generally need to e.g. @HeydyF when I reply?

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @Frogologue! No, you don't need to etiquette all the time, but it helps to get a faster response. 🙂 Now in regards of international food, at the moment, logging food via bar-code scanning is only supported for the US food database, so most local food in France or any other country will not be recognized. 

Hope this helps and let me know if you have further questions! 

Best Answer