Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can´t connect with my Fitbit Charge 2 anymore

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello!

I bought my charge 2 a couple of months ago and it has always worked perfectly! But since yesterday it won´t sync anymore. It said Tracker not found. So a few hours ago I decided to turn off bluetooth and turn it back on again. But that made things worse, because now I get the error that Bluetooth cant find my fitbit charge. Which is weird to me because it worked great for months.

I tried a few things that I read on this forum but those didnt help. So is there anyone who knows how to fix this?

Thanks!

Best Answer
12 REPLIES 12

It's nice to see you around the Community @RGW1507Smiley Very Happy Thanks for troubleshooting this syncing issue before posting, great way to start! 

However, while reading your post I wondered if maybe the tracker got unpaired by mistake and that's why your Bluetooth cannot find your Charge 2. Can you verify if your device is still linked to your account? In order to do so, try the following:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  • See if your Charge 2 is still shown on your list of devices paired

If you don't see it anymore, I'd recommend setting it up again by doing these steps:

• From the Fitbit app dashboard, tap or click the Account icon
  • Tap Set Up a Device
  • Choose your tracker and follow the onscreen instructions to continue

If you successfully re-link your tracker again, try syncing to see if everything seems to be back to normal. If by any chance you keep getting troubleshoots when syncing, go ahead and try what I posted here. I know you may see some steps you've already tried, but I'd like you to try all of them (one-by-one) without skipping neither or them. 

Give it a shot and let me know if this works! 

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit Hi, thanks for the response!

Well, it was still paired. But when I tried to sync it, it said Tracker not Found. Now at the moment I did intentionally unpair it. Hoping it would work when I would try to setup a device again. Unfortunately it didnt work and now I cant setup my tracker because the fitbit app cant find my tracker. And when I go to my bluetooth settings, it cant find my tracker as well.

I will try the things in your other post. I will keep you posted!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Sure @RGW1507, give this a shot and let me know how it goes! Smiley Very Happy 

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

@MarreFitbit I followed the exact steps you described in that other post. Unfortunately, it still doesn´t pair. When I try to setup my device the fitbit app still says it cant find my tracker and says its not working. And when I go to my own bluetooth settings it also still isn´t able to find my tracker.

So I hope there are some more steps that I can try, or is it possible that it somehow now has a defect? Because it used to work great

Best Answer
0 Votes

I have had to call fitbit before and it was working...for a week.  Now nothing!  I have over achieved and I'm in a challenge but show 0.  I have done EVERYTHING they did when I called last time.  NOTHING is working to get it to re-sync.  It's almost to the point that I'll just give it away because it's not showing on the computer either.  Just so frustrating!!!  You pay money for good things and then they don't work!

Best Answer

Thanks for all your efforts @RGW1507! There some other steps I'd like you to try my friend, so here we go!

• Since you're setting up your tracker again, note that you can't set up your tracker from your device's Bluetooth screen; you must open the Fitbit app and follow the on-screen instructions.
  • The software on your mobile device is up to date. 
    • Android—Tap Settings > About Phone or About Device > Android Version.
  • The Bluetooth setting on your mobile device is on. 
    • Android—Tap Settings > Connections > Bluetooth.
  • Double check the following information about your mobile device:
    • Your device doesn't have a set up or sync issue listed on What should I know about using the Fitbit app on my Android device?
    • Power Saving Mode is turned off on your device. This mode frequently causes the device to disable Bluetooth. 
    • (Version 6.0+ only) You have location services turned on and the Fitbit app has permission to access your location. 

If after verifying the above you don't have success pairing your tracker, try the steps I'm sharing below:

• Make sure your Fitbit App is up-to-date
  • Restart your tracker 3 times in a row 
  • Try the setup process again
  • If you can't set up after a restart, reboot your mobile device (turn it off and then back on)
  • Try setting up your tracker again
  • If you can't set up after the reboot, try uninstalling and reinstalling the Fitbit app

I'm crossing my fingers! Let me know if this works @RGW1507!

I'm so sorry to hear this my friend @JJWKS, I appreciate your time and efforts troubleshooting this issue. Since you already have a opened ticket with our team, I've shared your post with Customer Support, they will reply to you within the following days. Woman Very Happy

Don't give up yet guys!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Mine takes forever to synk. Take a look at your post. Does it seem reasonable to require all that on a continuing issue? Is it a design problem? Should there be a recall? Think about an easy and permanent solution. Thanks.

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issues with syncing and have tried all of the troubleshooting that you provided to the other individuals but nothing works. Is there a warranty for this issue? I purchased my device in May but recently had this issue on September 6. Please advise on what I should do next.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hey there @ToniBeaty @RGW1507, thanks for trying the suggestions provided. This is very strange let me say, I have been using an Android and an iOS phone and both platforms work great with my Charge 2. 

Note that if your iOS or Android device is managing multiple Bluetooth connections simultaneously:

• Your Fitbit tracker might stop syncing or stop receiving call, text, and calendar notifications.
  • You can experience interruptions with any consistently streaming Bluetooth connection such as headsets, car kits, stereo audio, tethering, and file transfers.

These interruptions are caused by known iOS and Android Bluetooth limitations. For more information we recommend contacting Apple Support. And for Android, it's also possible that an app on your phone is causing the issue. We recommend trying these steps:

1. Turn off the Always Connected option your tracker settings in the Fitbit app.
  2. Disable other Bluetooth connections when not in use.
  3. Check to see if your mobile device has an app compatible with Ford Motor Company's voice control system. If so, you'll need to disable Bluetooth on the app if possible or uninstall it.

The API used in these apps makes it difficult for Fitbit to communicate reliably with your mobile device. Ford provides a list of apps but note that other companies may use the API as well.

Since what has been provided didn't work, I'd recommend doing the following:

• From the Fitbit app tap the button on the top left corner and tap "devices".
  • Tap on your Fitbit listed in the menu and then at the bottom tap "Remove This device". 
  • Go into the Bluetooth settings on your phone and tap on "Forget This Device".
  • Go back to the Fitbit app, go to the "Account" option in the upper right corner and select "Set up a Device". This should start the setup process for your device.

Make sure all other bluetooth enabled devices are out of range when you do this.

Don't forget that Android is already running version 2.56 and iOS is on version 2.39.

Keep me in the loop! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Im having the same issues...what can i do???? Are you going to do something???

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Ianfernandez!  Have you tried the troubleshooting steps posted in this thread? 

Looking forward to your response! 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I received a replacement bubble (tracking devise) after mine cracked. I held on to the unit for a few months until I now am putting the bubble in new bands. Starts up fine, but will not blue tooth with app. All is upgraded - app, smartphone and I have tried turning off and on everything to clear, reboot and ....................... drum roll..

nothing

All I can assume is that the replacement bubble was a unit that was recalled and/or never did bluetooth. There would be no reason for a new tracker to fail at syncing up. I go through the routine with the old FB and it works fine.... so fine that it syncs three stories away!!  Had to take it down the drive and lock it in the glove compartment to silence it's linking desires.

Thumbs down FtBt. Sorry but gravity is pulling this rating. From the posts I am reading it appears that this unit is not user friendly (benefit of the doubt) and/or profit is pushing production. I have to have a tracker by tonight that works. I'll pull out the old one and go with it but this is ridiculous.

Best Answer
0 Votes