Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Had to re add fitbit and lost data

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hi all, I did try searching but I could not find any help so sorry if this has been answered before.

My phone battery had gone so while charging I set up my account on my tablet and I had to scan for my device... It seemed to start from fresh as there was no data attached. 

When I turned my phone on the fitbit had been removed from my phone app and I had to re add it but it has not synced any data since about 7pm last night even though I went to sleep in it. 

I did not realise it would remove my fitbit if I had a second app .. Is there any way to recover the data or is it just a learning curve to not do that again! 

Thanks in advance

Best Answer
0 Votes
2 REPLIES 2

Hi @xkambyx welcome to our Fitbit Community!  I'm happy to help you with the difficulties experienced with your Charge 2. Smiley Happy

Seems odd that your device didn't sync the information that was tracked. Let me share with you that Fitbit device resets your data to zero each night at midnight but for most devices, your minute-to-minute data is stored in your tracker for up to 7 days without syncing, therefore, can you please let me know if only your Sleep data wasn't synced with your tablet but your steps, heart rate records and floors data was synced to your account? 

Looking forward to your reply, let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Hi @RicardoFitbit 🙂 Thank you for the reply!

Turns out when i logged in and connected the device on my tablet while my phone was charging i had logged into an old account (although it still did not sync the data) i spoke to customer services who told e to remove and resync with my correct account and it should work okay but unfortunately there is still no data and that is for all of it - sleep steps etc after a certain time at night so i assume it is gone unless anyone can manually sync it somewhere else as it has not shown up on my phone where i now only have the device paired to the correct account.

It would be nice to see the data, especially my sleep as it is something i am working on but at least it has synced last night and i can use it moving forward!

Best Answer
0 Votes