Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hart monitor in the green

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.
Hi me and my mum have the hr but today for the first time her hart rate monitor showed her in a green zone what is the green zone about
Best Answer
0 Votes
4 REPLIES 4

I'm not sure what you mean by the green zone. Could you describe or attach a screen shot of what you're seeing? I'm not aware of a heart rate zone that is green - fat burn is yellow, cardio is orange, and peak is red. Could you be talking about the Cal In vs. Cal Out tile?

Best Answer
0 Votes
It's on my mums and we're not together right now will ask her to send a
pick and attach when I can thank u.
Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome to the Fitbit Community @Kelly24, hope you're doing great! Thanks for your help @kalimm Smiley Very Happy!

Heart rate zones can help you optimize your workout by targeting different training intensities. The default zones are calculated using your estimated maximum heart rate. Fitbit calculates your maximum heart rate with the common formula of 220 minus your age. The illustrations below provide examples for each zone. Note that the appearance of the icons may look slightly different between trackers; for example, dots instead of dashes. For more information about zones, see the American Heart Association's Target Heart Rates article.

PEAK ZONE

Peak zone, which means your heart rate is greater than 85% of maximum, is the high-intensity exercise zone. The peak zone is for short intense sessions that improve performance and speed.

User-added image

CARDIO ZONE

Cardio zone, which means your heart rate is 70 to 84% of maximum, is the medium-to-high intensity exercise zone. In this zone, you're pushing yourself but not straining. For most people, this is the exercise zone to target.

User-added image

FAT BURN ZONE

Fat burn zone, which means your heart rate is 50 to 69% of maximum, is the low-to-medium intensity exercise zone and may be a good place to start for those new to exercise. It’s called the fat burn zone because a higher percentage of calories are burned from fat, but the total calorie burn rate is lower.

User-added image

OUT OF ZONE

When you’re out of zone, which means your heart rate is below 50% of maximum, your heart rate may still be elevated but not enough to be considered exercise.

User-added image

CUSTOM ZONE

Instead of using the three default zones you can create a custom zone if you're targeting a specific heart rate. Log into your dashboard and click the gear icon in the upper right. Choose Settings > Personal Info. There you can enter your custom zone.

Depending on what you mean:

• Caloric burn (dashboard): The colored bar under the Calories Burned statistic will change colors depending on how close to your Calorie Burn goal you are.
Blue ---> Yellow ---> Orange-Red ---> Green
• Caloric intake (dashboard): When you're in the green for calorie intake, you're in your caloric deficit goal. Yellow signifies OK. Red signifies over your calorie deficit goal.
• BMI/Weight: Blue signifies underweight, green is "in the zone," yellow signifies moderate, orange signifies overweightedness, and red signifies obesity.

Hope this helps!

Maria | Community Moderator, Fitbit

Was my post helpful? Give it a thumbs up to show your appreciation! Of course, if this was the answer you were looking for, don't forget to make it the Best Answer! Als...

Best Answer
0 Votes

I too have green lines and am concerned with what it means. I took a screenshot but can't figure out how to post it 

Best Answer
0 Votes