Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heart rate accuracy when sweating

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

I feel like every time I'm doing cardio in my peak zone every time I look at my Fitbit it just shows a dash lol. That's the most important time for it to be functioning. Do all models have this problem? this morning I wasn't even sweating that much but on the rowing machine it would show around 150 and everytime I went higher the HR would be blank.

Moderator edit: Subject for clarity 

Best Answer
0 Votes
3 REPLIES 3

Hello @pablo83 it's nice to see you again participating in our forums, let me help you out with your heart rate concern. My apologies for the delay in responding. 

Let me share with you that heart rate tracking varies depending on several factors like movement, temperature, humidity, stress level, physical body position, caffeine intake, and medication. If you haven't already done so, please review our information and tips for heart rate accuracy at: How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device? 

PurePulse provides better overall heart rate tracking than cardio machines or chest straps since it tracks your heart rate day and night, wrist placement during certain vigorous exercise is important. Review the information on optimal wear closely and make sure you follow the recommendations from the help article that mentioned above.

I'll be here if you need anything else. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

That link goes nowhere. 

I'm pretty sure I'm wearing it as designed as it's working great all other times of day. I must get too sweaty at a certain point. Thanks!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Welcome back @pablo83  thanks for your reply and update.

Sorry about that, seems that the link was corrupted due to a missing letter. Let me share with you that moving the device up a couple inches can be helpful during high-intensity exercises or exercises that cause you to bend your wrist frequently or sweat too much. Please check: How do I track my heart rate with my Fitbit device?  for more information and details. 

Let me know how it goes, I'll be here if you need further assistance. 

Best Answer
0 Votes