Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hourly activity not syncing

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

My charge 2 says I have achieved all 12 hours of active hours (250 steps per hour) but my app says I only did 11 of 12 and so isn't syncing correctly!

This has happened a few times now but even more annoying now I'm trying to hit all my goals for the New Year!

please help!!

ive tried usual restart, updating app etc.

Best Answer
16 REPLIES 16

IMG_0004.PNG

IMG_0005.PNG

Best Answer
0 Votes

If anyone has any info on this issue I would greatly appreciate the input. I am having the same issue with the hourly activity goals not syncing correctly from Charge 2 to fitbit app. The pics posted by previous user are my exact issue as well.

Best Answer

I, too, had this issue today - tracker showed that I had completed 11 of 11 hours, but app and dashboard were an hour short showing 10 of 11 hours...

Best Answer

I'm having the same issue. It's so frustrating. 

Best Answer

I am having the same issue where my blaze shows I got all my hourly activity but the app says I missed an hour. I just noticed this a couple days ago. It seems this was an issue about a year ago. Not sure what the fix was or if they are aware that it is happening again. I notice a moderator has not commented yet. 

Best Answer

I've had the same issue. According to my Charge 2, I did 250+ steps between 8-9am. I counted my steps during that time using the app and it shows 278 steps, but yet it is not counting that towards my 250 step goal for that hour. Last time I checked, 278 > 250. I have had this problem numerous times and the only adive I've gotten is to restart my Charge 2 (I do it daily), delete the app and reinstall (I've done that many times and I'm sick of it), and also unsync and resync my Charge 2 with the app (again, I've done it numerous times and it doesn't do anything). When I told them that none of this worked, I never received another reply.

Best Answer

Yes, this is happening to me as well. Today, all hourly goals met on Fitbit Blaze, but 2 hours missing on the iOs app. Using latest software/firmware. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

Please remember @LindsRN if you have a problem, somebody else already most likely has it also. Fitbit provides a very nice search engine. Which for me brought up many posts with the answer your looking for such as

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Charge-2/Hours-with-250-Steps/m-p/1856532#M32960

https://community.fitbit.com/t5/Flex/Hourly-activity-one-random-hour-per-day/m-p/1577989#M159959

BTW this is not the same problem as it was a year ago, since the issue back then was fixed.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Yeah neither one of those posts provide the "answer your looking for" as neither one of them presents a solution to the problem. Obviously a lot of people are still experiencing the app/device hourly syncing issue. 

Maybe new posts, with lots of activity, will instigate an actual fix!

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both posts specifically say that Fitbit is aware of the problem and is looking into it. The question of "has a moderator responded" was indeed answered in both links.

The looking into and the fix include:

The cause must be found.... i don't know if it has.

A fix must be found....

Then it must be tested, making on 5 different platforms

It must also be checked to make sure no other problem has emerged. 

BTW this is not a tracker hardware problem, but either a server or an app problem. Sonce very few report how they sync it is hard to tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Both posts specifically say that Fitbit is aware of the problem and is looking into it. The question of "has a moderator responded" was indeed answered in both links. The solution is that the developers need to vome up with a fix.

If you go to the main Android thread you may notice thatt a work around has been found - make sure you walk 350 steps in an hour.

The looking into and the fix include:

The cause must be found.... i don't know if it has.

A fix must be found....

Then it must be tested, making on 5 different platforms

It must also be checked to make sure no other problem has emerged. 

BTW this is not a tracker hardware problem, but either a server or an app problem. Sonce very few report how they sync it is hard to tell.

Best Answer
0 Votes

Not only were your responses not helpful they also sounded condescending and know it all. Not sure why you responded to me specifically when there are other people commenting on this thread and I wasn't even the one that started this post. Kindly remove yourself from your high horse!!

Best Answer

My app shows 11/12, but the display on my Fitbit shows "75". What does that represent?

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having this same issue and it is completely frustrating.  I tried the fixes mentioned in other posts and have had ZERO success in rectifying the issue. 

Best Answer
0 Votes

I'm having the same issue.   I just got my charge 2 three weeks ago.   It's been working fine until today.   I average 22k steps a day and at least 1000 steps an hour (usually a good bit more).  I have my step activity hours set at 12 (7am to 7pm).  My tracker registered all 12 hours,  but the app only register up to the 5pm hour.   I got 3000 steps in the 5pm hour and currently over 500 in the 6pm hour (only 6:11 pm right now)  but my app refuses to register them.   Everything else registers fine.   I've reset my fitbit and my phone multiple times with no luck.    

Best Answer

I worked with a Fibit rep for a hour. She had me to reset my Charge 3 several times, then had me to completely uninstall the fitbit software and re-install it several times. She had me to make sure I had the absolute newest operating system on my phone and went through its settings. After all that she gave me the final answer. The problem is with the software. Fitbit knows about the problem and has no intention of correcting it, because it does not consider hourly activity important. She told me to remove the hourly activity from the software, so I would no longer get hourly messages. I still get weekly reports and they include hourly activity, which she said is insignificant. So, bottom line. Forget about any fixes on hourly activity, Fitbit, (now owned by Google) is more interested in tracking you and your location, than providing the service we had come to expect.

Best Answer
0 Votes