Cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I track rowing machine?

Replies are disabled for this topic. Start a new one or visit our Help Center.

Hello! 

I want to use my Fitbit charge 2 for the rowing machine. Is there any way to track the calories I burned? I heard you can track it manually but I don't know how that works since I just started using Fitbit. Any advice is appreciated, thanks ☺️

Best Answer
10 REPLIES 10

@Yana94 Thanks for participating in our Fitbit Community! Regarding your question about how to track the rowing machine activity, I'd like you to read Alvaro's post which explains more information about this type of activities. He mentions the Fitbit Charge HR but the information applies for all the Fitbit trackers.

Let me know if more questions arise my friend! Smiley Happy

JuanJo | Community Moderator

Running with music makes you happy! Share Your Story

Best Answer

Sharing the same frustration I have a ‘sticking plaster’ solution. 
Go to the exercise app and tap the + 

Then tap ‘Log’ and select Rowing

you can then manually enter your start time, duration, calories and distance in kilometres (once you have completed your erg) and then tap (Add). 
If you then go back to the exercise app you will see your activity which will have picked up your heart rate. 
Bit of a long way around but it works. 

Best Answer

I just found this on Concept2's site. https://log.concept2.com/blog/integrating-with-other-platforms

We just received our concept2 rower today and I've been looking at ways to sync data with my fitbit. Hopefully, this is the answer we are all looking for.

Best Answer

My rowing machine does not calculate distance only time, so I cant log this activity. Fitbit app wont let me log the activity without entering distance. Any suggestions?

Best Answer
I think the only way is to guess your distance? If you have access to a Concept2 ergo you could do various timed pieces and make a note of the distances and use these as a guide for your rower.
Eg. 8 minutes for 2000 meters , 21 minutes for 5000 meters etc. You can then log an estimated distance with your time. Hope this helps?
Happy rowing!!

Kind regards, David.
Best Answer
0 Votes

I recently did this and it works like a charm. The only thing though is that it always saves the logged exercise at 12pm, so once the data is sent from Concept2 to Fitbit, you need to at least edit the start and end times of your workout.

hope it helps!

Best Answer

Here's what I do with my Versa 3, using a Concept 2 erg. Before starting I set my Versa to Bike exercise mode, which tracks my heart rate unlike some other exercise types. Then when I have completed my row I note the calories burned. After that go to my desktop Fitbit dashboard and enter my exercise as rowing with calories and distance and delete the placeholder "bike" exercise. Fitbit keeps my heart rate info so I get credit for "zone" minutes in the rowing exercise. It obviously would be simpler if Fitbit had a rowing algorithm but it's probably not a high priority. I have similar workarounds for open water swimming that also involve manual editing. It's a hobby, i.e. time waster, right:)

Best Answer

Trying to figure out where I can edit the time

- can you help?  Unlike a manually logged activity, Fitbit doesn't seem to allow me to edit the record that comes from Concept 2 log. Tried both on app and web.

Best Answer
0 Votes

This guy has a solution...     https://redd.it/qlwips

cut and paste from reddit.

If you have a Concept 2 rower, you can download Strava and LiveRowing apps. Link LiveRowing to the Concept2 log and to Strava then link Strava to Fitbit. That’s it! All your stats will show up on Fitbit app and no need to start a separate workout on your tracker …..

Best Answer
0 Votes

Once you finish and sync your tracker to your account, you can go into the exercises log section and choose the latest exercise which will appear as a workout and you will see the option to re-categorize the exercise as something else and there you can choose "Rowing"

Regards,

Will

Best Answer
0 Votes